Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a cancelation for Saterday and Sunday due to weather changing hour to hour, I picked up a last minute 3 day trip. The weather guessers forcasted rough seas, but were wrong again! Friday with a group of 6, I headed out at daylight. Our first stop was at a close in rig to catch hardtails for bait. We had 150 or so in the well within 30 mins and headed another 15 miles out to turn our hardtails into tuna fish. Soaked the baits and instantly had two yellowfin to the boat in the 40 lb range in no time. After a few boats showed up the bite slowed down but was still pretty steady the whole day. We ended Friday with 11 yellowfin and 3 blackfin.

Saterday i had the same group from the day before. We decided to do a little exploring to see what my other "holes" had to offer. The tuna bite was wide open at the first spot until about 9:30 then just died out of nowhere along with the current. Worked my way West hitting certain spots with same results, marking fish deep that had no interest in my baits. We waited it out for a few more hours with only one hookup which eventullay pulled hook. We ended Saterday with 5 yellows in the 60 to 70 lb range along with 4 blacks.

Sunday I had a group of 4 that were eager to catch their first yellowfin. Needless to say we accomplished that with everybody catching one. Didn't attempt to fish the shrimp boats but am itching to. Some real monster yellowfin are coming off these boats. Also the federal red snapper season will open October 1st through the 14th. So, if your looking to have chance battling a 100 lb or better yellowfin along with a limit of huge red snapper i have several dates open, give us a call to book your charter today!

Capt. Chandler Cataldie
36' Yellowfin
www.ChampionFishingCharters.com
318-730-4410

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Great job capt. And awesome pics my favorite is the first pic love that gaff shot! Hoping to get over this year and fish behind the shrimp boats .

·
Registered
661 Posts
awesome report. i was down there sunday fishing with capt. Kevin Beach and we had a great trip. ready to go back!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts