Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with vehicle tracking other than On Star. I have a friend who's elderly parent keeps taking a family car and will be gone for days without anyway to track them down. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
413 Posts
The "OnStar"program and "LoJack" are the only two of which I am familiar...the second being monitored by the owner, ins. company, and/or law enforcement. Is itfor the person'ssafety(Alzheimer's, dementia) or theft prevention?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Their parent is starting to have some problems with dementia.He took off again about 4 days ago and this time several handguns went with him. He doesn't have a cellphone. They have tracked him with atm withdrawals the last one a couple of days ago in Jackson Ms.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Google "anti-theft, GPS, and LoJack"...if installed and monitored by the owner if would be accurate and less expensive than a monitoring agency. Sorry that your friend is faced with this

·
Registered
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
IF LUNATIC FREAKS LIKE SCOTT WHATS HIS NAME THAT KILLED HIS PREGNANT WIFE IN CA. CAN GET A TRACKING DEVICE, AND THAT GOES FOR ALL THE OTHER FREAKS WHO STALK THEIR WIVES/GIRLFRIENDS, THEN GETTIN A GPS TRACKER CANT BE THAT HARD:banghead

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
It might be inconvenient but it appears to be a safety issue at this point.Knowing where aconfused person with weapons will do no good if he has already hurt or killed someone or himself.Your friend needs to take Dad's keys and weapons or at least make the weapons safe and disable the vehicles. A vehicle or a firearm in the wrong hands could do a lot of damage to a lot of folks. If he can't do it voluntarily then he willneed to use the system to insure his father's and other's safety.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the second time in the last month this has happened, first time he has messed with handguns and since then the rest of the guns have been dealt with and when he returns or is found those will be dealt with also. The vehicle keys have become another issue.

Getting a tracking device was never the issue, Having any experience with one was the question. Thanks for the replies and I'll foward the information.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Check out this sight. Many car dealers and rental companies use this service. I have been through the demos and am considering it for my companies 50 loaner cars. Many parents use it for their teenage childrens cars as it monitors not only whereabouts but speeds too. My father is in the very first stages of Alzheimers so I can empathize with your friend.

Good Luck

Steve T.

http://www.gpsinsight.com/?source=google&gclid=CKvhx4jblI8CFQ0sIgodXAftJA

·
Registered
285 Posts
freespool50 (10/16/2007)IF LUNATIC FREAKS LIKE SCOTT WHATS HIS NAME THAT KILLED HIS PREGNANT WIFE IN CA. CAN GET A TRACKING DEVICE, AND THAT GOES FOR ALL THE OTHER FREAKS WHO STALK THEIR WIVES/GIRLFRIENDS, THEN GETTIN A GPS TRACKER CANT BE THAT HARD:banghead
Scott Peterson. His wife's namewas Laci.

·
Banned
470 Posts
just a thought it might be cheaper, nextel phones have agps tracking option on them you can access anytime on the internet get one and leave it in the car at all times and plug in to the cig lighter and make sure the phone is on

·
Registered
724 Posts
Bow Down (10/16/2007)just a thought it might be cheaper, nextel phones have agps tracking option on them you can access anytime on the internet get one and leave it in the car at all times and plug in to the cig lighter and make sure the phone is on
i'll go one further. get a pager and have it wired into ignition circuit. when you find out where they are, disable the car by calling the pager.even with todays complex ignition circuits, that wouldnt be too hard. but finding someone able and WILLING to do it would be next to impossible with all the legal CYA goin on these days. just think if someone dialed the wrong number and got your folks pager instead. car dies turning left in front of a semi:banghead

1 - 15 of 15 Posts