Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bringing our kayaks and should have some downtime to fish the surf or bay. Any help would be appreciated. We fish the salt a lot near Galveston, but never been to Florida. Anyone shoot me some kayak fishing spots and at what tides they are most productive? Is there live bait shops in Florida? Prices? Anyone yak lights at night in the yaks? Any must do’s while we are in town? Our yaks are not foot driven. We’d like to try for kings in the surf, but not sure we can troll without foot driven yaks? Anywhere we can get into jack crevalle for fun? My son has never hooked into one before...

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,904 Posts
Trolling for kings here without a peddle drive yak is no problem at all! You don't need to get going very fast. As far as lights go, dock lights will be hot with speckled trout & slot redfish while you guys are here. Launch at Shoreline Park or up in Bayou Texar & fish all of the dock lights in those areas. You can also launch at Graffiti Bridge on 17th Avenue (north side of 3 Mile Bridge) & then sight fish 3 Mile at night under the lights for bull redfish.

Hope that helps man!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts