Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been reading and researching - was expecting to find a few USA made manufacturer products (Star, St Croix, Loomis), but every rod I have picked up last couple of days has been made in China, except for the St Croix mojo, which was made in Mexico.

The GLoomis did not have a manufacturing location on it ...

Anyone have a handy list of the ones made in US?

Thanks!!

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
You're going to find less and less rods made in the USA these days. They may be built here, but the blanks and components are often made overseas.

As far as quality USA made rods that I'm familiar with and trust, here's a few I know of:
-St Croix (for the most part, Park Falls, WI)
-Cajun Customs (Jacksonville, Fl)
-Lamiglas (Woodland, WA)
-Seeker (Orange, CA)
-Calstar (Gardena, CA)
-G Loomis (Woodland, WA)

·
Premium Member
9,566 Posts
I have no problem with “overseas” products. In a lot of cases, there just as good.

Reactions: ThaFish

·
Registered
55 Posts
North Fork Composites blanks (NFC) are and Baston rods that feature a "+" in the model number. I'm not sure about guides (or handles/grips), but Fuji is my fav... I haven't had much trouble with them breaking or losing their ceramic rings.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Joey - yeah, I'm looking for quality, absolutely, but also would prefer US made products when I can find them. And, even the US made rods have foreign components because of cost and/or quality or market share for specific products.

St Croix says the following are made in Mexico (all others of their brand are made in US)

MEXICO
Triumph Series
Mojo Series
Eyecon Series
Panfish Series
Trout Series
Bass X Series
Rio Santo Series

·
Premium Member
9,566 Posts
Hi Joey - yeah, I'm looking for quality, absolutely, but also would prefer US made products when I can find them. And, even the US made rods have foreign components because of cost and/or quality or market share for specific products.

St Croix says the following are made in Mexico (all others of their brand are made in US)

MEXICO
Triumph Series
Mojo Series
Eyecon Series
Panfish Series
Trout Series
Bass X Series
Rio Santo Series
Absolutely. I believe in buying quality tackle. Buy it once and take care of.
It’s cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took closer look at a couple today.

Really liked the long split grip design ... longer handle length and padded tip allows easy tuck under forearm and comfortable hip placement.

GLoomis (US) pretty schweet, but a bit more expensive than the St Croix Mojo (Mexico) ...

Liked the non-split St Croix Tidemaster (US) so have to decide ...

Any thoughts on 6'6" vs 7' lengths for general use rod?

Liked the Stradic FK and CI4 reels ... odd that on the Shimano website, neither shows in the saltwater spinning section ...their site was acting funky so couldn't find out why.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts