Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After being shut off by DOT installing no parking signs along the new 331 bridge bay fill area fishermen once again have access.
The only thing wrong with the report the video only shows the new Pat Pilcher Park which has never been closed. The closed area was the bay fill rip rap area at the north end of the new bridge and both ends of the small bridge.

http://www.mypanhandle.com/news/legendary-fishing-spot-reopens/832334814

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thanks for the info, thought that was a waste to close off all of that area. Also, I think the county has bought the property on the North west end of the causeway. Not sure what they are going to do but looks like they bushhogged it and have some trash cans there too. Nice beach on the bay

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the info, thought that was a waste to close off all of that area. Also, I think the county has bought the property on the North west end of the causeway. Not sure what they are going to do but looks like they bushhogged it and have some trash cans there too. Nice beach on the bay
The County did buy the property you referenced for about $4 million (highway robbery by the land owners in my opinion). It's about 5 acres. They plan to spend about $2 million developing a new park with boat facilities and swim area in the bay. This is being done with money left over from a sales tax which helped finance the new 331 bridge and causeway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts