Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
I saw on the blogs that he supposedly has a non cancerous brain tumor and it is affecting his equalibrium and ballance. He is stepping down as head coach, doesn't mean he won't still be OC.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
lobsterman (12/26/2009)I saw on the blogs that he supposedly has a non cancerous brain tumor and it is affecting his equalibrium and ballance. He is stepping down as head coach, doesn't mean he won't still be OC.
Naw, he is done. He isnt coaching anything. He said he is going to spend time with family and faith.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,139 Posts
mekell (12/26/2009)Poor Jim T. I know he is in mourning. Meyer is a great coach.
I wish Meyer and his family nothing but the best... and "THANKS for the memories COACH!!!

But yeah, I'm worried. I'm hoping for Jim Harbaugh from Stanford (though he will leave soon for the NFL) or Kyle Whittingham from Utah who was Meyer's assistant at Utah and took over for him whenMeyer came to Florida and hasn't missed a beat.

Both young firebrands (Harbaugh is the kiffen of the Pac 10), hungry YOUNG coaches!!!:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

"IT'S GREAT... TO BE... A FLORIDA GATOR!!!"

Jim

·
Registered
339 Posts
In the days to come we'll find out more details....but if it is truly for health reasons, I wish the best for Meyer and his family. Something tells me he'll be back at some point....like Holtz said on ESPN, once it's in your blood, it's hard to stay away.

He certainly must be considered one of the best (if not the best) college football coaches in recent memory. I feel for the Gator nation....as a Miami Hurricane, I had to go through the too-soon departures of coaches Jimmy Johnson and Butch Davis - all at their peak and with the program at or near the top.

Looks like the SEC will be 'Bama's for awhile...

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Interesting that the head coaches of Cincinnati and Florida will be coaching their last game in the same game.

Cincinnati coach Brian Kelly then becomes head coach at Notre Dame.

Notre Dame, where Meyer has repeatedly stated he would coach in a heartbeat as it is his life long dream, yadda yadda.

Maybe something is brewing???

·
Registered
42 Posts
I hope his health improves. Recruiting in Florida just got better for a lot of teams especially Jimbo Fisher and FSU. Maybe they can finally beat Florida again.

Alabama will now dominate the SEC and CBS is probably crying over Myers announcement. First Tebow time is up and now their coach, no happy new year for gator fans.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts