Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st,I apologize, my pics are not good this trip, but it is what it is! I was by myself and once the bite started, i was concentrated on catching!

2nd, this was aquantity catch not quality, but it was fun after 2+ hours of nothing.

<UL><LI>Hit the Bay about 11:30, water was much more clear than expected, but still stained a little!</LI><LI>Scouted some new areas, saw lots of small specs and reds, then spooked a nice school of about a dozen lower slot reds, sitt'n in about 12" of water, not moving till i spook'em!</LI><LI>about 1pm headed to a more familiar spot, nothing here, nothing there</LI><LI>At the edge of my draft, and about 2pmi started casting to a turn in the grass.....bang a small red, then another and another.</LI><LI>I power poled down and sat there for better than an hour...21 reds, all short, mostly 12-14" a couple just under the slot.</LI>[/list]

Then I followed thewind to some more points and picked up 2 legal reds, one just over 18", the next 20"; wanting some dinnerI kept him!

The good news is these fish will make the slot by May, and bottomline,I saw a lot fish today, but NO tailers!

Water temp, from 60d to 64d by 2pm

All reds caught on 1/8 oz jig, variety of gulp...Jerk Baits and crab

Most caught on a dead stick 6-10 seconds, light twitch, wait 6-10 seconds again, fish on!

It was a good day, but would have liked to havecaught some better quality fish!

·
Registered
554 Posts
No worries with the pic's, this was a very informative post and what I look for on the PFF....the pic's add alot to the post. Good Job :bowdown

:letsdrink

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sounds like you had fun. Those rats are fun to practice different technics and lures with. Even if you dont get slots to take to the dinner table...its still catching fish :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not that easy by the SELF...:takephotoif you know what I mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!And Ithought you grounded your boat during the cold months...NOT...as I recall a few days in the 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!what more can you ask for this is FLORIDA MAN!!!!

OH YEAH......NICE CATCH MANNNNN!!!!!!!!off to the woods early AM don't catch them ALL!!!!!leave me some for SUNDAY

·
Registered
377 Posts
parrothead (1/28/2009)At least you got to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good report. Thanks for posting

Scott
Absolutely!!! Glad to hear the bite turned on for you.I have had my boat for about a month and a half, and have only been three times,as I am at the mercy of friends with trucks. Nice run Baypirate!!!

Deadeye

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
parrothead (1/28/2009)At least you got to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good report. Thanks for posting

Scott
Scott, it wasn't thatI got to go,I made myself, the weather was too nice, andI wanted to check water quality as crazy as that sounds!

Tomorrow I head South tothe Tampa areafor the SuperBowl, a grouper trip and an inshore trip as well!

Gotta love it!

By the way Ken, looks like Daddy got a new boat...NICE!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts