1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,605 Posts
Beautiful smith:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: you did good

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I appreciate a Smith and Wesson snubnosed revolver. The handles are pretty and probably worth what you paid for it.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured what's an extra hundred...it'll hold better resale value..I plan to keep this one though

·
Banned
1,543 Posts
That's a nice looking revolver! If it didn't have the "Hillary lock" or MIM parts -- it would be a perfect CCW... Not really a snubby though ;)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3" barrel isn't really a snub but its small enough to wear inside my jeans and it'll be more accurate. I didn't even notice the lock till an hour ago..whats bad about them? I know ill never use it

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Most people just don't like the lock. There have been cases of them causing the gun to lock up but from what I've read they were all on air weight guns in large calibers. Read more about it on the S&W forum.
Nice gun.

·
Banned
1,543 Posts
Actually, some Performance Center guns don't use MIM parts. I'm hoping yours is one that dosen't. If the backside of the tirgger is "hollow" it is MIM -- if solid, it should be non-MIM. I agree on the 3" barrel. One thing that is nice about a 3" barrel -- is that you have a full-length ejector rod ensuring positive spent case ejection. The snub models have a short ejector rod -- sometimes requiring picking empties out with finger tips. The lock shouldn't casue you a problem -- I just don't like them! Nice looking revolver!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it does have a mim trigger and by the coloration of the hammer, it too may be mim..it wont be shot much so im not to worried about it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have the exact same gun and love it. Well, I love how it looks and feels but have never fired it. It is the only gun I own that has never been fired. It was a gift from my Dad a couple years back and I think I will be keeping it unfired. I have several other Smith's that I will use instead. The flatside barrel makes for a good look and the grips are just about perfect in my hands. Great looking gun and congratulations on an awesome purchase.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Yep, that's a nice piece, congrats. As nice as those grips look I personally would swap'um for Hogue or Pacmyars, but then I have bear paws on the ends of my arms.

You'll long forget that extra C-note out of your budget as opposed to paying less for something you're not really happy with.

Old Ben Franklin said it best, "You seldom regret having gotten the best".

Rick

·
Native Born Pensacolian
402 Posts
I've been trying to mentally count the number of mim triggers that I have read about breaking lately. Oh wait, I haven't read about any breaking. Imagine that. :yes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts