Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So Wyatt had a big day yesterday. He went from being bed ridden and not able to move at all under his own power Tuesday to being able to walk down the hall a short ways, with the assistance of the therapist, yesterday. At the end of his walk, without telling anyone what he was trying to do, he pushed the therapist out the way and took 3 steps completely on his own over to his mom to give her a hug...at which point everyone watching just about lost it.

He’s far exceeded the dr’s expectations to this point in that aspect and and the healing. He has on small area on the large incision across his back that may need a little more work next Thursday but they’re going to give it a few more days and see how’s it’s doing. We’re hoping to get some of the drains out next week and be able to be discharged next Sunday assuming everything goes well in the interim. Then hopefully starting radiation soon after that.

·
Super Moderator
28,806 Posts
Awesome news.....hope and pray he keeps on kicking it in the rear!

Reactions: Linkovich

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
God bless him and his care givers. And God bless his parents and all those sending up prayers.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Way to go for the little guy! And for you guys hanging in there with him!

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
This is a copy and paste from an update my wife made on Facebook, she’s a little more articulate than I am so I figured I would just use it

We finally got Wyatt’s pathology report back...It’s about as good as we could have hoped for. The margins were clear in all but one spot and they are calling that spot “close.”The spot next to his rectum is where we were expecting either close or negative margins. We will take close which means that there may be a microscopic amount of disease or there many not be any disease. Our hope and prayer is that there is no disease in that spot. Our surgeon approached the surgery this way to allow Wyatt to keep his rectum and anus in tact so that once we are on the other side of this we can reverse his colostomy.

So, I say all that to say that we feel good about the results. Wyatt will likely go back for a very small/minor revision surgery on Thursday to remove some tissue that had to stretch really far and isn’t healing as well as our surgeon would like it to. He will also have two of the drains removed!! All of this is great progress. Wyatt has also been cleared to lay flat on his back, sleep however he is comfortable and to sit for one hour at a time. Again, this all really great progress! He even surprised us by getting out of bed mostly by himself and walking over and sitting on our couch today. This is really huge for him because he is having to relearn how to walk and how to use different muscles to stabilize himself.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Wyatt’s recovering really well from the surgery’s, even better than the drs had hoped for. We should be getting discharged from the hospital later this morning which will be a welcome break for all of us, it’s been a hard 2 weeks. Looks like we’re actually going to be able to come home for a week or two before coming back out here to start radiation and possibly more chemo. I’m hoping to be able to get out in the woods and catch a little rut action this week or the next! Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Keeping Wyatt and your family in my prayers.
God bless you all and be with you during these trying times.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts