Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had a couple members message me checking in on Wyatt so I figured I would make a post for those of you wondering how he’s doing.

Wyatt had his surgery here in Houston on Monday. It took 3 surgeons 7 hours to complete but they all felt it went as well as it possibly could have. They removed the larger tumor from his lower back/upper right butt, which also involved removing the majority of his right glute muscle and a some of the muscle around his rectum. Due to the work they had to do around his rectum they also placed a colostomy for healing/sanitary purposes. The colostomy will hopefully only be temporary until he is fully healed. There was quite a bit of damaged skin from where the tumor was but they where able to make incisions across his waist line on his back and down his hip and stretch the skin together to close everything up...as bad as that sounds that was the better of the options, they originally thought they where going to have to do grafts from other areas of his body to be able to close the wound. In addition to all that they also took the lymph nodes from his groin due to them being enlarged on imaging.

Needless to say he has had a rough few days, but he is taking it like a champ. Once he is healed enough we’ll be starting radiation which will last probably close to 2 months. In the mean time he’ll be working with a physical therapist to basically relearn how to walk due to the missing muscle and how tight the skin is stretched now.

We’re still waiting on the final pathology results from what they removed in surgery, but we did here today that the lymph nodes they removed where clear so that’s a relief...especially since we knew nothing about those until the morning of the surgery. Now we’re just praying for clear margins on the main tumor and that radiation will take care the few spots left in his lungs that chemo didn’t get.

Thanks everyone for all the thoughts, prayers and well wishes. I’ll try to update this thread periodically with Wyatt’s progress.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
Bless his heart. What a little warrior.

Reactions: Linkovich

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Prayers for him and your family

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Prayers going up for full speedy recovery. Lord see over all involved with healing blessings.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Thank you for the update Lincoln. You guys have been on my mind continuously this week and I have been wondering what was going on. Keeping you guys in my daily prayers as often as they happen.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Prayers lifted up for the little man.
God bless you and your family in these trying times.
May the spirit of Christ carry you through.

·
Super Moderator
28,803 Posts
Prayers sent up fer Wyatt!!! He's a tough little fella and is dang sure going through hell!!! One good thing is he has youth on his side!!!!

·
Registered
8,492 Posts
Thanks for posting this update Lincoln. I’ve been wondering how it’s going with y’all but didn’t want to bother you.
Wyatt is in the best of hands.
MD Andersen is the best in the world. They took care of my daughter, my father-in-law and my sister-in-law.
God Bless this family and heal this young man.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts