Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with Mark and they are back at home safe. Robert has a fractured jaw, a few broken teeth and a concussion but other than a headache and sore is doing fine. Mark is sore and bruised but other wise is fine.
He did say that the boat is totalled and bad news from BoatUS is that a large portion of the insurance will go towards recovery of the boat. The policy is seperate boat, motor , trailer so he has a good motor and trailer but now needs a boat to put them on, He did say if anyone has a good hull for around $2500 to give him a call.
He said that he will try to come online later but wanted me to tell everyone what a great family the members of the forum were for all of the support that they gave and a huge thank you to Drew and Jamie and crew.

Lets keep Mark and his family in our prayers and I will be on the lookout for him a new hull.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Dang.. sort of like being in a car wreck.. 1st day after everything hurts, gets a little better each day after tho.. sure glad we didn't lose anyone..

rich

·
Registered
512 Posts
Glad to hear everyone is doing better under the condition.I wish for everyone to have a speedy recovery and be back on the water soon.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Real glad to hear everyone is doing good.. as it could have been worst! Everyone needs to be more careful when out on the water!!:kiss:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Glad to hear they are doing better. Every time I go through the pass now I cannot help but think about those guys and the Tar Baby. It can happen quick.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
As I put on the old forum. I am trying to put everything together and will give a complete update later....Again, thanks to everyone.

This is not going to be a full post as I will do later with a list of "Lessons learned" and also a few tidbits of advice that come to mind looking back on the accident which I hope can help some people out. I also want to say that if anyone is in an accident of this type, you will truly learn that the PFF really is more than a forum. The physical help, prayers, PM's, and phone calls I received were just amazing. I cannot express enough gratitude to Drew, Micha, Cindy and Murph. Without them, this would have been much more difficult and traumatizing. Please believe me that in NO way this was Murph?s fault. He will always be a true friend to me and will always be welcome. Importantly, we are all going to be fine. As Sam has said, Robert has a fractured jaw, some teeth problems, 10 stitches in his chin and a pretty good concussion. The concussion is where the memory problems are coming from but he is getting better every day. Murph has some MAJOR bruises and a new "Candy Cane" I have some major bruises and a broken toe (not sure how that happened). Thanks to all for the prayers and thoughts. I will post the recap on this on the new forum. Boat has been looked at by adjuster and will be taken in tomorrow for estimates.

BTW, I have lost all my contact numbers and cell phone. I hope to have them replaced soon.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Glad you are all recovering Mark If you guys need anything dont hesitate to ask..

Mike

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Like I said Mark I am just glad that you guys are O.K.

If there is anything you need dont hesitate to ask and I am sure the other forum members will agree. Maybe someone even has an extra phone, was it an alltell? Remember that if they are totalling the boat that all the extras are considered accessories, like bildge pumps, airators, stainless rod holders...etc :)

Give our best to Robert and get yourself some rest!

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Good to see you at the river this weekend. Hope you can get settled with the insurance co and let's go fishing!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts