Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there planning on fishing the GCKFA tournament out of Gulf Breeze the 13th? I really want to, as it would be my first tournament and I think it would be a blast, but so far haven't been able to find anybody to come down that way with me. All the usual suspects have previous engagements (work, wife's birthday, etc.). If the weather is right and the breakers passable, I wanted to try the spanish/kings division. Still not 100% sure if I'm gonna have the funds to make the trip, with nobody to split gas and lodging with, but if I do I was hoping maybe somebody out there could use a fishing buddy. Not looking to horn in or anything, just always feel safer going out with more than just me.

· The Yakslayer
590 Posts
175 registered anglers last year, this year should be just as many or more. Pre-registration appears to be up over last year. Great tournament for first timers or pros.

If you can make it you'll have a good time.

· Registered
536 Posts
Also, you don't have to have a great day fishing for it to be worth your investment. I have always made my money back on on the captain's bag and door prizes. Don't forget to bring a lure to add to the bucket for the world's biggest tackle box (or whatever it is called). You drop a lure in the bucket to enter the drawing for all the lures dropped in the bucket. Last year I think there were 3 pretty full 5 gallon buckets full of lures.

· Topwater Addict
487 Posts
Anyone know how many have registered so far?

You are sure to run into some people just about anywhere you go, especially if you hit a public access somewhere along the beach

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.