Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Bumper. Watch those two little spikes by the anal fin.

Reactions: kiefersdad

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
NOAA just declared an emergency closure on the harvest of Atlantic Bumper so I hope you didn't keep it.

Reactions: Chris V

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NOAA just declared an emergency closure on the harvest of Atlantic Bumper so I hope you didn't keep it.

I figured as much... I threw it back... immediately.

But if I hadn't... say I had put him in the freezer with the rest of my by-catch to use for chum... Your saying probably wouldn't have been a good idea?

Good thing my sabiki rig has non-offset circle hooks on it so I was able to let the little guy go with no harm...

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I figured as much... I threw it back... immediately.

But if I hadn't... say I had put him in the freezer with the rest of my by-catch to use for chum... Your saying probably wouldn't have been a good idea?

Good thing my sabiki rig has non-offset circle hooks on it so I was able to let the little guy go with no harm...
Those two little anal spines will teach you new, non politically correct words and enable you to embarrass drunken sailors.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I always return them to the water right after I catch them...usually under a balloon so that I can check on them from time to time to make sure they are making it ok.

Ditto on the spines!

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
I call them Tarpon candy :)

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
i've heard em called butter fish. you butter not touch those spines.:thumbup:

jack

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
As far as spines go, they don't hold a candle to Leather Jacks.
Yep. We always called leathernecks fire fish, for obvious reasons.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts