5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Official results:

Lots of fun!

Good sunburn!

Belly fulla shark!

Sand still in my ears!

Sore back!

And dang good time with good friends and competetors!

Got to Mcree very late friday nite..:doh...Talleyban had his tent set up, Johnsonbeachbum had transported all the wod and had a nice big fire goin! :clap Konz and his girlfriend set up there tent and camp, and helped me with mine.

We got back in the boat and prepared to catch a shark! WishinIwasfishin and his dad Fishworksfab were on the radio and we had passed them commin in. Talked to Snakewave on the radio, and Getsome, and Sniper and April. Talked to BigfishRookie and Last Chance on the phone. Lots of bull reds getting caught, and small sharks that were released being talked about friday nite on the radio. This Tournament was in full effect!:letsdrink

Talleyban and wife came on the radio and said they were hooked into a good one, with 5 more swimmin around the boat!!!!:toast We motored by, and saw Talleyban (so we thought) workin that sucker over pumpin the rod and crankin him in. The we see Talleyban apear fronm the front of the boat to take over the rod...it was his wife handlin that beast like a champ!!!!!:bowdown

Right as they boated him, and headed for the beach, and after a few bull reds released on our boat, Team Chunky Love hooked into one! Hour into our fishin and we had a contender! Yeah! Talleyban anounced over the radio that his was 5' fork lengt right on the money...so we got ours up, and it was lookin close. After almost losing all the toes on my left foot by an inch (wish I had helmet cam goin for THAT action!), we boated our shark. Preliminary measurements with the shark still pissed off looked like 5'1". Called Talleyban and told him we would meet up on the beach and measure both together since it was so dang close.

We met up on Mcree and measured em both. Talleybans had shrunk and was an inch and a half under 5'. We measured ours and it had shrunk, and was 5'. So far we were in the lead!

Konz, Tallyban, and myself did the guy thing and slabbed our sharks out on our boats while drinkin beers and retellin our stories. Man what a blast. We now had a coolerfull of shark meat!

We watched the sun start to come up, and I went to bed at 6:30 am, cold, tired, stinky, and sore.

Well, that was short lived.

If you have ever met Snipers wife April, you know that she loves to talk, and she has a very active metabolism, and I do not think she ever sleeps or slows down....:poke....:)

After bout an hour and a half of sleep, I hear.."Clay-Doh! wake up! You better be decent! Come out here!" It was April, I had sleep boogers in my eyes, no sunglasses for the blinding light, and it had been 24 hours since my last cup of coffee. She had there entrance fees, and Getsome and his partner were there. Grabbed a pepsi, and pretended it was a coffee, and a cigarette. Things were getting better.

We all trash talked some, WishinIwasfishin, Smokey and Fishworks pulled up.

I headed to shoreline, picked up Coochie and my daughter, and Brandy and his wife and 2 of his daughters, and headed back to Mcree.

I fell asleep in a chair, by the time I woke up it was time to prepare some shark! Wayne-O and his family and Litecatch and Toby pulled up. So did Realator. Kane Mano and crew were camped down the beach and we got to meet them.

We fried up a BUTLOAD of shark nuggets in the turkeyfryer, had sweet and sour sause, spicy peanut tia sause, BBQ, tarter, coctail, honey mustard, and we had a feast!

Most everybody headed back out to catch a bigger shark, but I unfortunately had a pounding headache, and fell asleep in my chair again by the fire. Woke up bout midnight, and went in the tent to sleep. Bout 2 am, BigfishRookie and Last Chance tapped on the tent and said they got a contender to measure! We had some left over shark nuggets, and they warmed em up on the grill over the fire, and we measured the 3rd shark of the tournament. close, but 4'7" fork length...but dang good try!:toast

Went back to bed, woke up to a WINDY sunday! Stressless stopped by and cahtted for a while with a beer (or 2) and a cigar. By bout noon, everybody had headed in, cept for Sniper and April. They were determined to shut Team Chunky Love Down!

We packed it up, and was back in the intercostal by 2:20. I left a message for Sniper and April to see if they had shut us down with the 10 footer they were sayin they were gonna bag, and they left me a message back that they didn't get it, and had more boat problems. (sorry to hear that guys).

All in all, we had a blast...had a great time, and Team Chunky Love finally won a tounament with $400 of prize money!!!!!!! Bout damn time!!!!!!

Thanx to everybody who participated, and my family personally had a great time all weekend, and we look foward to doin this again! I think we need to have one in the spring also!

For those of you who missed it, it was a riot out there. Glad I got to meet more of you, and good seein the ones of you I already now!!!!!

THANX TO EVERYONE FOR GOOD WEEKEND WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!!!!!!

:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
Registered
512 Posts
Great report Clay,glad we got to meet you finally.Congrats on the win also! :bowdown If there is another tournament this spring,i am in again as i am sure bigfishrookie is also,but there WILL be a different winner next time.:poke Maybe we should start working on a ballpark date for the next one to get more people entered for me and bigfishrookie to share their money.:toast Thanks for the hard work and time to put it together,we had a blast giving you our money this time.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I just want to say thanks to all the folks that donated their cash. I can't decide what I want to do with it.....I'm thinking it'll just go toa tank of gas and a couple cases of beer....yeah that'll work....lol

It was good meeting everybody, and I'm looking forward to the next one!

·
Registered
512 Posts
konz (10/15/2007)I just want to say thanks to all the folks that donated their cash. I can't decide what I want to do with it.....I'm thinking it'll just go toa tank of gas and a couple cases of beer....yeah that'll work....lol

It was good meeting everybody, and I'm looking forward to the next one!

Yeah yeah,make sure you save a case or two for the next tourny so it will help with the pain of loseing your title,and money.:moon Can't wait til the next one.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Glad to hear everyone had a good time. I guess congrats to Team Chumbag would be in order:clap

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
April and I had a blast. Clay, you are lucky we had boat problems. Next time you wont be so lucky:poke Thanks for sharing the trophy shark with us, it was wonderful. It didnt matter to use if we won or not it was fun either way ( All tho winning probobly would have felt better). Once again. Thank you to every one that helped me get my boat going and fetching parts. Thank You very much. We really enjoyed meeting everyone. Cant wait till the next one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts