Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any comments/concerns about how last year's derby went?

Suggestions for rules/species included?

Lets get a consensus before guys start getting fish up on the board.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way,

Final Standings for the 2014 Derby:

1. AFOGG: 95
  2. BILLYBOB+: 39
  3. TONER: 37
  4. AQUATIC ARGOBULL: 33
  5. NACLH20 DAVE: 23
  6. CRITTERFL: 24
  7. SALTADDICT: 5
  8. COASTIEBLACK: 5
  9. COSTADELPAR: 2

:clap::clap::clap::clap: Good shooting, that was an interesting experiment!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Afogg clearly walked away with last years event, and to that I say my hat is off.
in order to keep it more competitive I'd suggest two rule changes.

1) regardless of where you're diving you must abide by the FL statutes and seasons. (for instance LA is open year round for Red Snapper which gives anyone who can travel to LA an unfair advantage)

2) a Maximum travel distance from Pensacola Pass. maybe 75-100 miles

anyone agree or disagree?

No offense Afogg, but most of us can't afford trips all over the gulf coast and beyond.

If anyone want's to call me a "sore loser" that's OK too. I just would like to see it stay competitve to the end to keep the excitement up

OH
and a potential THIRD rule:

3) ADD BLACK MULET!!! :whistling:

·
stonecoldshooter
1,757 Posts
I say billybob's rule changes sound fair.
I'm not sure about distance to Alabama rigs from pcola pass, but a 100 mile rule would land the rigs inside the shooting zone. Not that many of us shoot them. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
694 Posts
50 miles...direct line radius from Pensacola Pass? would limit potential for bluewater entries but we didn't have any last year, though I hope to make a trip or two this year.

or we could do a longitude East and West...anyone else agree, disagree or want something else?

·
SaltWaterDave
1,852 Posts
Considering it's a local competition for local divers and local fish maybe consider a port of launch rule? Basically this competition is for the PFF, local users are Destin, Pensacola and Orange Beach? How about we consider 50 miles from these 3 ports? And that you actually have to have launched from somewhere between Destin and OB?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts