Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Want to install a pair of LEDs facing aft but space is an issue. The Lumishore 2.75� lights will work. Lumitec Quattro lights would be nice but might not fit on the small transom area near the drain plug with transducers taking up most of the space. Is anyone using the Lumishore XMS 23 lights? They advertise more lumens than the Quattro lights.

There will be a second ducer on the left side of the drain plug

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s possible but the pickups were installed on both sides and forward which will interfere with a thru hull. I’m ok with transom mounts. Had very good performance with them so far after a little adjusting. Might end up pointing the lights down.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
What will a 2nd X-Ducer be used for and will the Freq's match the original?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
before you drill holes in your boat, explore other options. unless you night fishing alot, and I mean alot, drilling holes is not a good idea. I will admit, they're cool, but drilling holes in a boat.... heres what I did, the rum over 8 hours on a car jumper pack...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
1kw dual channel (low/high) for deep water.
Warning: .... They are very Big and can be a REAL pain to adjust.......Especially on that boat of yours.
I'd never recommend one. Thruhull is the way to go! Oh and install a 10 X 20 Armstrong hatch in the splashwell to access the Bilge. Cape Horn is terrible about that. I've done several of the 10 X 20 Armstrong hatches on Cape horns...It allows the bilge to be cleaned properly.....It allows access to the bilge pump to be repaired and installed correctly.....Several have had bad install on pumps due to limited access.....and it allows you to install a thruhull. You spoke of 2 water pickup's. What are they for? I use a dual port so there is only 1 hole thru the hull to supply water for livewell and washdown.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One pickup is for the live we’ll, other is for wash down. There’s a pair of smaller round hatches that were helpful in changing out the GT transducers. I’m going to test the 600w medium chirp in the deep and go from there. I’ve seen some impressive shots in the deep with this transducer. Maybe I won’t need a 1kw. Thanks for the advise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts