Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I had posted my anchor I invented in the tips section a few weeks ago. ( Old Thread http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/fishingforum/Topic479389-11-1.aspx)

Well it's time to move it to the proper place, FOR SALE, because it is officially for sale and in production!

Me and Dad have our business off the ground now, and I have been extremely busy with that. I have made a few of the anchors for forum members here and there, but didn't post it for sale because I was so busy with other stuff.

I have built a website and plan to start selling them on ebay, from my website, and locally in stores and bait shops.

At $25, it is HALF the price of the competition who sells their smallest one for a whopping $50 bucks, and my design is better in every way. I am working on a patent application this week because it works so good. I mean it really does. You gotta use one to understand how good it works. Using a Danforth is clunky, and doesn't work that great when you are anchoring to shore or in inches of water. Mine is made specifically for sand island and crab island type of situations. It is 19 inches long and will hold just about any size boat you can imagine pulling up to shore. I have one 23 inches long too, but unless you have a 40 footer, doubt you would ever need it.

I am experimenting with pricing so don't be alarmed if you see higher prices on my website than on here PFF members will always get preferred pricing.

Check out this video of it in use out at the pass last week with my Dad

And here is a slide show of it, you can click on the pictures for larger versions.

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/bin/slideshow.swf" width="600" height="400" flashvars="host=picasaweb.google.com&captions=1&noautoplay=1&hl=en_US&feat=flashalbum&RGB=0x000000&feed=http%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Fdata%2Ffeed%2Fapi%2Fuser%2FRuggedMetal%2Falbumid%2F5434567680416589281%3Falt%3Drss%26kind%3Dphoto%26hl%3Den_US" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

I hope you guys will help me spread the word about this. I really could use your help getting word out through word of mouth and other forums and such.

By the way, my anchor and spikes are now available at Emerald Coast Marine and Hot Spots Bait and Tackle.

Thanks Chris and Kenny!

EDIT: This is another video using it at a more "dirt like" beach nearby, I just posted to youtube:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Thats sweet. You should do A video of A larger boat that has to back in to the shore. Its A pain using regular anchors when I back in at Mcrae.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brandy (2/7/2010)Thats sweet. You should do A video of A larger boat that has to back in to the shore. Its A pain using regular anchors when I back in at Mcrae.

If someone has a big boat and wants to do that, and make a good quality video of it, and let me use it on youtube, I will give you the anchor for free! Most cameras do videos now.

I don't have a big boat to do that with. Well, I do, but it's a project boat right now.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I met Choppedliver when I bought a gig from him and have seen the anchors and they are sweet.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Shark tournament. I will take a couple and Clay can video it. He has A HD video camera. What I mean by take is happily purchase A couple.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brandy (2/7/2010)Shark tournament. I will take a couple and Clay can video it. He has A HD video camera. What I mean by take is happily purchase A couple.

Awesome!! What size boat?

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ted-hurst (2/8/2010)You forgot to show the surf rod holder. Chris came by the house and showed me them and they looked awesome.

Ted

I didnt forget, I figured I would give it it's own post. Thanks for the comment!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is some answers to some questions I've had.

-- It works great in wet sand or dry sand. This means you don't have to go all the way to shore to anchor it. You can put in a few inches of water and it will be just fine ( ie crab island ). The angle of insertion is what is most important. The lower the angle of insertion, the stronger it is. Think of pulling straight up. It comes right out. Well straight up is 90 degrees. The closer it is to parallel with the earth, zero degrees, the stronger it holds. So the longer your bow/stern line, the lower/better the angle you will have.

-- It can be used in rivers, lakes, streams, submerged sand bars like sand island, etc. If the dry land is too hard, you could always put it at the water line, or in the water where it is softer

--You could drive it in if necessary, but use a wooden block to prevent mushrooming the aluminum edges. I personally wouldn't want to bring a hammer, just find a softer spot.

-- I don't have it on video yet, but wiggling it "side to side" does NOT work as good as "front to back". Wiggling it front to back seems to "self dig" better than "side to side"

I just added another video showing a more "dirtish" island , instead of the sugar fine beach sand. The video has my Dad pulling as hard as he can with his massive calves lol.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Hey Chris, I have you linked to my web site,,, got you right on the front page... check it out

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sequoiha (2/15/2010)Hey Chris, I have you linked to my web site,,, got you right on the front page... check it out

Thanks Kenny, I'll put yours on mine too... adding to my "to do list" right now

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wanted to remind everyone that you can get these from HOT SPOTS, and EMERALD COAST MARINE.

It's going to be that time of year soon!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts