Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, so I had some rods and reels left in the boat but kind of hidden. I walked to my boat tonight and noticed my orange dry box gone, with many items in it. Looked over and noticed the rod and reels gone.! Off W and Michigan area, yes I made a report, but probably no luck in finding the items

·
Super Moderator
28,380 Posts
They'll end up in a pawn shop somewhere or watch letgo or craigslist....

Can't stand a fticken thief!

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, it’s my fault for leaving them in there. But it sucks, just had a good fishing trip with my dad on Father’s Day and we were planning another outing.! Other thing is if y’all remember Dwayne (forum member) from the past gave me one of the open cast reels.!

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,986 Posts
if you did see your equipment/stuff at the flea market.... what could you do, other than to simply buy your stuff back?
Oh IDK, MAYBE get the Dep Sheriff that works the flea market? Seriously? Hopefully he will seize the gear as evidence since the stuff was reported as stolen. The seller does not enjoy the benefits of a pawn broker, meaning he is not entitled to recoup his loss if any from the owner. If he didn't steal it, then he will fess up to who he got it from.

·
Super Moderator
28,380 Posts
if you did see your equipment/stuff at the flea market.... what could you do, other than to simply buy your stuff back?

That's where being specific of descriptions is key. If they were high dollar gear, I've seen folks engrave initials,ssn, or other stuff on hidden areas...:thumbsup:
Some descriptions can be simple like a crease, dent, ding, rust spot....

Reactions: Realtor

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Yea, so I had some rods and reels left in the boat but kind of hidden. I walked to my boat tonight and noticed my orange dry box gone, with many items in it. Looked over and noticed the rod and reels gone.! Off W and Michigan area, yes I made a report, but probably no luck in finding the items

What rods did you lose? I have an extra rod or two that I could part with... mostly lighter weight inshore rods.

( string attached warning.... got to invite me to fish the lights one nite)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts