Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
stonecoldshooter
1,757 Posts
I don't know about the se2, but I keep us divers con shelf as old faithful back-up. Very reliable.

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Take the SE-2 second stage and hook it up to a good first stage of any kind and if it works it's good to go. Most always it's the first stage that leaks and causes the second stage to over pressure and leak a little. Very seldom do second stages (Conshelf) cause a problem.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I have an SE2 on my pony. Extremely reliable and a very good breather. Used to be my primary regulator. Have it since 1991. Just like a Timex. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Still have your SE2?

Hi there,
I have an SE2 that is leaking. The tech says it's cracked, which is plausible enough since I’ve had it for about 25 years! Do you still have yours and are you interested in selling it? I can rebuild mine with parts from yours, assuming yours is not cracked too.
Thanks!
Darren

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Darren, What part do you need? What tech told you that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a hairline fracture in the housing. I've learned that this is not uncommon with this model. I've gotten 24 years of excellent use out of our SE2's, so can't complain (my wife has the same set up). This was told to me by a local scuba shop technician.

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
I am assuming you mean the first stage block. I have one you can have. Do you know how to set these up? If not I can help. If you are rebuilding you WILL need a rebuild kit especially if it's been a few years since rebuilding it. Give me a call.
Ron 850-712-2603

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the offer Ron!! However, it's the 2nd stage. Sorry, should have clarified (I was originally replying to Marmidor's post). It's usable now, but it will eventually get worse and will need replacing. I don't do much diving anymore, but just got my 13 and 11 year old boys certified, so I'm sure that will increase.

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Must ne one of the newer plastic second stages! You know that any second stage will work with any first stage. Check e bay for a used second stage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts