Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Nice trigger! Looks like a great snapper spot.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have been watching the videos on the spearfishing forum, and everyone strings their triggerfish through the mouth and gills. Will the stringer not go through the eyes like other fishes or is there other reason or reasons why? Just curious!!!!
Nice video!! BTW

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have been watching the videos on the spearfishing forum, and everyone strings their triggerfish through the mouth and gills. Will the stringer not go through the eyes like other fishes or is there other reason or reasons why? Just curious!!!!
Nice video!! BTW
Because they will bite the shit out of you. There is a video on here somewhere of someone getting bitten and you can hear him scream through his reg on the video.

·
Praedator
10,076 Posts
Because they will bite the shit out of you. There is a video on here somewhere of someone getting bitten and you can hear him scream through his reg on the video.
Yep, I had multiple tears in an old wetsuit from those dang triggers. Luckily, they never got a hold of any skin on me. But others have been bit pretty good. And they don't let go either.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here it is.
Have the sound turned up. Funny stuff when it is not you.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Yep, that is exactly how it goes when the guy is wearing a wetsuit too. Classic bite on the inner thigh.

·
Jeremy Hoekstra
2,190 Posts
I've been bite in the hand because one swam up the stringer and grabbed ahold of my finger. Now I make sure I go in the mouth first and then out the gills, that way if I need more room on my stringer I can push him down w/o gettling bit.
Oh yeah and when I unclip the stringer, he's not facing the exit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've been bite in the hand because one swam up the stringer and grabbed ahold of my finger. Now I make sure I go in the mouth first and then out the gills, that way if I need more room on my stringer I can push him down w/o gettling bit.
Oh yeah and when I unclip the stringer, he's not facing the exit.
Never thought a Triggerfish would get that much respect. Now I know!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts