Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
thats easy...my brother Jim, a non pff'er. Every time we fish together its a tournament by itself...the only thing is hes only been fishing for two years since he moved to pensacola. He might win some trash talking awards, the way he tells it is "I dont know sh*t for what im doing, so no one can prove me wrong!" but then again im not in it for the money :angel

Funny story about him...we where on his boat out in the bay this summer and he goes to put on a got-cha plug...after 7 or 8 minutes in his chair fumbling with leaders and what not he stands up to cast and "plink!!!" plug flys free into the bay. he watches it hit the water and sits back down to tie a new one saying "well that was expensive...." not even flinching :clap:clap

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Picking a tournament partner doesn't necessarily mean picking the most skilled angler. I feel that it has more to do with compatiblity. Don't get me wrong....you have tohave sometype of skill,but like a relationship if you don't click then most likely you will not succeed.

Also, you can pick the most skilled angler in the world but if he doesn't no where the fish are on tournament day then your up the creek. Nothing is more valuable than time on the water when preparing for a tournament. Being a skilled fisherman doesn't always mean you are a great tournament angler.

Another important issue to address is what type of skill do you want your tournament partner to have. I would prefera tournament partner that isskilled in boat maintenance. I would trade mechanical knowledge for fishing skill anyday. You are always....and I repeat...always going to have boat issues of some sort if you tournament fish enough and I would love to have someone on my boat that could fix it on the spot. Having the right working equiptment is key to tournament success.

There are many different factors that play into tournament success and fishing skill isjust asmall part of it.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Tim Tebow.

Leading up to the tournament no one would work harder, and no one would push me harder. During the tournament he would do some crazy mind trick and will the perfect fish to our baits.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Anyone, Tred Barta!

Local would have to pff member bellafishing, Bob. Him and I wont stop fishing until our arms stop moving. I guarantee we could place in the top of any kind of tourney. Poke Poke

I propose a one lure challenge tournament, they do these in South Fl, pretty cool. The first one should be bucktail jigs; 6 total jigs, but only two sizes and one color choice for each size.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Chaz all the way!! I can guarantee you, even if the fish won't bite, when the secret lure comes out the fish willfight to the death over who gets to eat it!! I've seen the man do it!!

Bob

·
Registered
634 Posts
BigBrandon (11/10/2009)bill dance so i can whip his ass

jessica alba

nah, on a serious note, id pick ray (konz) or silver just because hes such a quick learner and becoming one hell of a fisherman very quickly

Ok, pushing Mark Sosin off the boat is one thing, he's a d*ck. Bill Dance? I don't get that.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
BigBrandon (11/10/2009)dude these wereexremely drunkpictures.. were were trying to act goofy as hell

youre obviously in love with me because you even take the time outa your day to check out my myspace page

sorry for the derail.. this stupid mofo really pisses me off

drunk in school?? your a cool one!

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
c'mon guys...let it go...a legitimate thread and you're derailing the hell out of it...

i'd pick curtis who i know and is a very accomplished fisherman

if not him, capt. blaire wiggins

there are a bunch out there like wade, dwoodley, brant, eric...

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Ultralite (11/10/2009)c'mon guys...let it go...a legitimate thread and you're derailing the hell out of it...

i'd pick curtis who i know and is a very accomplished fisherman

if not him, capt. blaire wiggins

there are a bunch out there like wade, dwoodley, brant, eric...

ive had the pleasure of fishing with curtis numerous times...he is a great angler and a great tournament partner...he is also the master of catching mullet on rod and reel also

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
thanks mods...:banghead

41 - 60 of 64 Posts