Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beautiful weekend for turkey hunting. We had three hunters hunt two mornings and not a single gobble heard. We saw tracks and saw a few birds, but not a peep. I saw one strutting with 2 hens this morning but never gobbled. Maybe next weekend. Walnut Hill area

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
We had 1 gobbling good yesterday morning. But hens carried him away, everytime he started getting closer they would fire off hard. Drug him along ways from us. He was bout 60 yards at one point. Today not a peep. All in blackwater

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Killed 1 of 2 we heard in blackwater yesterday and worked 1 this morning then heard 1 gobble twice bout noon in blackwater

·
Registered
233 Posts
silence the last 3 mornings in the area I've been hunting. Saw a hen on the road about 11am Saturday. She wasn't even bothered by the truck. I may try that area tomorrow

·
Registered
233 Posts
Had one gobbling this morning in a new spot, but he wouldn't get closer than 50 yards or so, and then moved away. Called in a hen to about 10 ft. where she proceeded to peck my decoy until she knocked it over. Few minutes later I saw a fan through the brush, turns out it was a jake.....I thought hard about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts