Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the area I killed my bird in I had definitely heard more than 1 gobbler in there before I shot him. I know I heard at least 3, maybe 4 and I put my eyes on 2 of them (1 getting shot). Last 3 times I've been back to this area it has been dead silent. Do you think those gobblers left, or are they just likely "hen'd up" until they get done breeding?

Would you move spots or focus on an area you know multiple gobblers were in at the start of the season? I've read that Turkeys are rarely spooked out of an area due to pressure, but they will go silent.

Any advice from you certified gobbler killers?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Just because there’s silence doesn’t mean the woods are void of turkeys. They could be silent for any number of reasons such as but not limited to, hens, pressure, educated, late season. This is a new challenge in an already challenging game. Now is the time to pick on a lonely boy looking for love. Midday bird, late day bird, or a bird who went to bed alone. I’d move spots if I had more. They’ll definitely get wise to an area being hunted over and over. The more birds you find the more opportunities you have. These birds have to stay in survival mode 24-7 or something makes a meal of them. Patients kills more turkeys than anything! Good luck!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just because there’s silence doesn’t mean the woods are void of turkeys. They could be silent for any number of reasons such as but not limited to, hens, pressure, educated, late season. This is a new challenge in an already challenging game. Now is the time to pick on a lonely boy looking for love. Midday bird, late day bird, or a bird who went to bed alone. I’d move spots if I had more. They’ll definitely get wise to an area being hunted over and over. The more birds you find the more opportunities you have. These birds have to stay in survival mode 24-7 or something makes a meal of them. Patients kills more turkeys than anything! Good luck!
Thanks for the advice...I'm conflicted because I know there are turkeys in this spot, and I don't have another spot where I have heard them. I should be glad to move spots and find more birds since I already killed one this year.....but the fact that I know there is another bird in this spot makes me wanna get him.

I may have to just hang out in one spot longer next time, maybe try to get him mid morning. Quit moving around so much when I don't hear them gobble early.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts