Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PICTURES ARE DOWN A FEW REPLYS.....started off late looking for a spot at sun rise when clucking started from 3 sides so we just did a quick setup and within 2 min had a hen 25 yards in front . son and i was watching her when one clucked to our left we tried to look and got bust by hen in front. hour and half later we decided to walk around and look for another setup for next time we were there. son asked togo to truck so we were walking back through the trail and found good setup when hen clucked it had seen us i looked at son said it was over and all of a sudden agobble from 100 yards in front of us went off 9:20 a.m.i dove into the bushes with8 yr old son following like a pro, been hunting with me since he was 3 so he knows the ropes. started clucking and yelping and he went on a gobbling festival with a show. he got within 35 yards and let the feathers fly, my son got up and was running at bird before i even knew i made contact lol, i dont know who was happier me or him just know i have a hunting buddy for life ,,,,,,,,tom was around 18 to 19 lbs 1 1/8 spur on 1 side 3/4 on other 9 inch beard

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Great story man, and way to go for getting you little man involved. Those memories will last a lifetime. Nice Bird!!!

·
Super Moderator
29,285 Posts
Way to go dad....I'm sure that youngin' enjoyed the stew outta himself!!! Since you are having troubles w/ :takephoto click on the links in my signature to help ya learn how....:letsdrink

1 - 4 of 4 Posts