Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anywhere to turkey hunt in south Alabama on public land?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yeah. There's a bunch of places. There's Perdido, Blue Springs, Scotch, Lower and Upper Delta WMA's and there's Conecuh National Forest.

·
Registered
210 Posts
there are turkeys on alot of the wma's the problem is the number of hunters,of all kinds good and bad,the turkeys get over pressured and shut up.I live in saraland ,al. and have hunted the lower delta and jacinto port trac ,there is someone one there every day during the season and most are not that good of a turkey hunter and go in over calling or bad calling and scare the birds to the point they wont come or answer your calls no matter how good you are.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Used to hunt Covington WMA but I've heard it's no longer state managed. Alot of birds at Blue Springs but as posted before, just as many guns in the woods. Haven't hunted Barbour WMA in several years but I ride through quite often and I see alot of birds in the fields. I plan on checkin' it out later in the spring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.