Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some serious begging, I finally agreed to teach BlazerBoy how to turkey hunt last year. I taught him all the basics of set up, calling, concealment, and turkey habitat. Helped him bag his first longbeard towards the end of the season. Thought I'd offer my services to any others who wish to learn like BlazerBoy. He might make a fine turkey hunter some day.

·
Registered
383 Posts
jspooney (3/10/2010)After some serious begging, I finally agreed to teach BlazerBoy how to turkey hunt last year. I taught him all the basics of set up, calling, concealment, and turkey habitat. Helped him bag his first longbeard towards the end of the season. Thought I'd offer my services to any others who wish to learn like BlazerBoy. He might make a fine turkey hunter some day.
I would like a lesson, ive always wanted to hunt with the God of turkey hunting! That is if I am worthy! please pm when we are going!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Spooney......I am really ashamed of you right now asyou, a preacher, would lie like that. I think I hear the distant sounds of Jesus converting your Heavenly town house into a two room shack. Just because you have been on tv with "180 Outdoors" doesn't mean you are as good as those guys and certainly not as good as me. You even lied about how many birds I killed last year. First time in 25 years that I haven'tkilled a several birds. Of course when I am playing the role of guide for you and my two boys it doesn't leave much room for me to hunt. I am a philanthropist of turkey hunting. I've been giving of my abilities and knowledge for many years now. I called in a gobbler for Jacob last year in the pouring rain on opening day. The other two he called in by himself. Myoldest boyhas called in more gobblers than you have ever shot at. Of course Cole (my youngest) had birds in front of him several times last year but didn't seal the deal. I have since imposed the 2 second rule on him. The 2 second rule is as follows: "When dad tells you to shoot, you have two seconds to pull the trigger or dad is going to." I wonder how many birds I will have to shoot out from under him this year before he gets the message. I'll have compassion on you Jeff and forgive you of your heathen, lying ways.......and I'll guess I'll guide you a few times this year.

BTW you do know the difference between a hen and a gobbler don't you?

SERIOUS NOTE HERE

Please be praying for my oldest nephew. He is 22 and is in the marines in a Force Recon Unit in Afganistan. Last week he was involved in a firefight with the bad guys. His buddy was shot by a sniper. When my nephew and his unit returned fire, the bad guys came out from every where. No other Marines were hurt but apparently my nephew and his unit killed a lot of the bad guys. This is the story told to me by my sister as he told it to her. Seeing your buddy shot next to you could shake you up a bit. I think the killing part is easier to handle for him than seeing his buddy get shot. I pray every day the God will protect him and use him as his instrument of death to those that hate our God andwant to kill us because of our belief in Jesus among other reasons. I liken his work to theworks of King David "The Warrior King" who loved and praised God in the same Psalm that he asked God to punish and kill all of his enemies.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hard to reply after you got serious there. Prayers sent.

BUT...you lying dog! you know full well that without my supreme turkey hunting prowess you would be 0 for 2.

BTW, get your sleep on. We're gonna hit it hard, hard, hard and kill those birds that lived last year! Also, give me a shout if you are gonna be able to hit the PFF fish fry this Sunday in Pace. I need a singer.

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And for the record...Don is the man when it comes to turkey hunting. Everything I know came from his philanthropist self. i couldn't help messing with him.

·
Registered
82 Posts
FYI I have been working out and doing a lot of cardio for a couple weeks. I have already lost 11lbs. I am dead sexy. Only 65lbs to go. I am ready for the chase. Of course I will never be as tall and lanky as you. I like to think that I am not over weight....I'm under tall.

Thanks for the prayer. My nephews name is Bobby. Please put him and his unit on FBCGB's prayer chain.

Did you ever get you some snake boots or more comfortable gaiters?

·
Tall Sexy Guy
588 Posts
I would love a turkey lesson or two. Just let me know where and when and you will find me to be an eager student. I have family land in Milton, so we could even chase them around there if you prefer not to disturb your turkey population....Just let me know.

Scoots

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
SERIOUS NOTE HERE

Please be praying for my oldest nephew. He is 22 and is in the marines in a Force Recon Unit in Afganistan. Last week he was involved in a firefight with the bad guys. His buddy was shot by a sniper. When my nephew and his unit returned fire, the bad guys came out from every where. No other Marines were hurt but apparently my nephew and his unit killed a lot of the bad guys. This is the story told to me by my sister as he told it to her. Seeing your buddy shot next to you could shake you up a bit. I think the killing part is easier to handle for him than seeing his buddy get shot. I pray every day the God will protect him and use him as his instrument of death to those that hate our God andwant to kill us because of our belief in Jesus among other reasons. I liken his work to theworks of King David "The Warrior King" who loved and praised God in the same Psalm that he asked God to punish and kill all of his enemies.

Thanks
Prayers sent, death is hard, and taking it is harder. God Bless your nephew and send him our thanks for his service to our country. :angel:usaflag

1 - 10 of 10 Posts