Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a buddy set up around 5 30 pm on a food plot saturday . about 5 45 a hen and a jake came walkin down the road we werent really wantin to shoot the jake . so they fed around for a while and eased off. then about 6 00 five hens came in . i was siting behind my buddy and couldnt really see well . the hens got within 5 yards from us when i noticed one had about a ten inch beard . i told my buddy shooot it . by then they knew we werer there and standing within arms link from us and flew off. but any of yall seen a hen with a beard ?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Saw a hen last year that had 3 small breads about 4 inches long with maybe a dozen hairs each. She had a couple of chicks stuckbetween the rails of the train track wereI work.We got the chicks out from between the the rail, but found out the hard way that a mammaturkeycan kick ass.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
yeah it says:

Legal to take:
Bearded turkeys or gobblers

almost feel the same about as i do shooting does. i don't know. to each their own i guess.

actually from what i understand, the deer regs say "legal to take deerhaving one or more antler 5" above the hair line," andthis is because there are does out there with antlers. you'd be hard-pressed to tell it was a doe though if she's sportin head gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts