Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you like? mouth calls,box calls , slate,glass,aluminum, snuff tube, wing bone? Brand? style? lets hear it!

·
Registered
556 Posts
'the Real Hen' is the best box call I've ever heard. Pricey, but damn it sounds good! Made by WoodHaven custom calls.

My glass with a carbon striker sounds awesome too.

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,575 Posts
I'm a woodhaven nut. I love their mouth calls. They have great slate and glass calls. I buy other calls here and there but I always come back to woodhavens. And yes those "Real Hens" are awesome.

·
Registered
246 Posts
A primo's slate and a true double 2 gets it done for me..a olllld lynch box also. I took my daughter to the camp for a sunday morning hunt last weekend she woke with 102 fever,didnt get to hunt but did hear 2 from the back porch before we left, not trying to derail the thread but they are gobbling in yozoo county. yes it is the flu!:boo

·
Registered
478 Posts
I to am a big woodhaven fan love there slate calls. I use a local friends mouth calls he makes either Allen Nelson calls or bama boy calls!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Gotta love the Southland Game Calls line. Early Mornin Sunrise diaphram and the Green Machine pot call. Also, the Pittman "Original Black Diamond" Diaphram.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HeartofDixie (3/10/2010)
byrddog (3/9/2010)lets hear it!
What about you. I'd be curious to hear your favorites.
Ihave way to many that i like but i find myself reaching in my vest for only a few. Mouth calls,I carry a Woodhaven Copperhead 2 . Chris Parrish 3 reed by Knight & Hale, Legacy Hacksaw 4 reed, HS 2 reed for kee kee"n.

I also carry three friction calls , Cody Woodsman slate, HS 360 glass, HS Ring Zone slate

I just started last year carrying a snuff tube it makes LOUD CUTTS and great gobbles!

I would have to say my favorites are the Ring Zone and the Chris Parrish.

There ya go!

·
Registered
556 Posts
byrddog (3/10/2010)Nice!!! I have a friend that uses a HS ring zone. He loves it too.

Now, if you want to throw in another awesome call, then get you'the Real Hen' box call from WoodHaven and you'll be set...trust me, you won't be dispointed.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HeartofDixie (3/10/2010)
byrddog (3/10/2010)Nice!!! I have a friend that uses a HS ring zone. He loves it too.

Now, if you want to throw in another awesome call, then get you'the Real Hen' box call from WoodHaven and you'll be set...trust me, you won't be dispointed.
Woodhaven in a league all there own! I have one but i dont carry it much unless its windy. The best sounding box call ive ever heard!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HeartofDixie (3/10/2010)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HeartofDixie (3/10/2010)

Woodhaven is in a league all there own! I have that box and it is the best box ive ever heard but i only carry it when its windy.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Wild ***** (3/10/2010)I to am a big woodhaven fan love there slate calls. I use a local friends mouth calls he makes either Allen Nelson calls or bama boy calls!
josh, you were right.allen gave me 2 last night to try out. man they sound great. i'll be sending him a check for the other ones he makes tomorrow.......tony

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have been experimenting since bow season; calling turkey's everytime I go out hunting. I use a Lohman crow locater call. Then a Lohman mouth call. Four yelps.....100% success so far. I used to use a glass call with a lil success. I usually yelp 5-7 times with the glass call. However, since I have backed down to 4 yelps and shut up after that......turkeys have been all over me. Sometimes it takes about 30 min or so for them to show..... but they come every time so far. May be a different story when the season opens...hahaha

·
Registered
478 Posts
hyco (3/11/2010)
Wild ***** (3/10/2010)I to am a big woodhaven fan love there slate calls. I use a local friends mouth calls he makes either Allen Nelson calls or bama boy calls!
josh, you were right.allen gave me 2 last night to try out. man they sound great. i'll be sending him a check for the other ones he makes tomorrow.......tony
Tony, Allen is a good guy and a good caller I don't really know him as good as the guys that make the bama boy calls. I have several of sllens calls and they are great calls. Bama boy makes one called Ira's best that is a great ond to. You have to get it here local I'll get you one.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
10-4, i picked up 3 mouth calls and a slate call by harpers game callsfriday night at a nwtf banquet in evergreen. i rode thru the 4,000 this saturday morning on my way home. i saw a gobbler track but that was it.............tony

1 - 17 of 17 Posts