Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well another brilliant weather call by NOAA... 2-4 turned out to be 4-6 easy, but hey, we expected it with 20 knot winds outa the east.. anyway headed out about 25 miles outa Destin hoping to redeem ourselves after big grouper got the best of us 4 times last sunday.. well we got schooled twice again on the same spot.. both times with 100lb set ups.. not sure what the hell its gonna take for these fish but the bottom is certainly jagged. Did manage one nice snapper after the other though.. ended the day with a two man limit of snapper.. one took the rodeo daily prize at 11.6lbs gutted.. Was able to make 18kts on the way in despite some really nasty conditions.. Thank god for autopilot, catamarans and cold beer!

·
Praedator
9,978 Posts
I see the art of holding out the fish for the pic has been mastered.:poke Just kidding. Nice fish and report.:clap I can't count the number of times I have been out wishing that I had a cat to make it a better ride.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahaha.. yea thats one of the fishermans most valuable tricks! Yea the cat sure is nice.. I still like the monohull look better, but am getting too old for looks to be the reason to buy a boat!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts