Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy is having a baby in October and I want to put together a Tuna trip as a celebration. Maybe 4-6 guys on the boat. Was thinking Venice, but I know zero about it that area. Or maybe an overnight out of Destin, which I am fairly familiar with and know a few captains over there.

What would you do?

TIA!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Venice tuna in October, late October will be shrimp boat season. Good times for sure. We fish 4 guys but have fished up to 6.

Overnight, I would go out of Orange Beach. 4-6 guys and yall could square dance wiht all of the space you will have.

If you have contacts, I would inquire with them, but it's a long run from Destin. There are a good many out of Orange Beach and it's closer.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I have never really had a bad experience over there. I have fished everything from 42LR Freeman down to 31 Yellowfin. Depends on the amount of fuel you want to burn. In the fall you dont typically run as far so the fuel burns arent near as bad as the Summer.
SuperStrike
Voodoo
Mexican Gulf
Relentless
Homerun
Paradise
are some of the guys i have fished with. They are all a bit different in how they operate but your doing the same thing no matter what. The smaller boats with younger guys tend to be more comfortable fishing the way you want to fish.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I believe Banana Tom does a yearly trip from Venice if he chimes in.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The names mentioned above are well known commodities and there is a reason for that. I would stick with the list above!

·
Registered
341 Posts
If you want to go out of Destin hit up Captain Adam Peeples of One Shot Charters. He will put you on some big tunas just as well as anyone and you won't be limited if you wanted the family to come and make a vacation out of it.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I reccomend paradise outfitters I have fished with them three times have requested captain rene ever sense our first trip and have been more then pleased every time plan to go with them again in the spring

1 - 20 of 25 Posts