Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Matt McLeod joined me as my co captain for our overnight trip Thursday-Friday. We began the morning getting down to the boat and finding about 200 dead hard tails and cigar minnows in the live well. Special thanks to Paul the bait man for getting us out of a jam! Armed with fresh bait, we headed offshore and the fish were waiting on us, it seemed every spot we stopped the fish bit! We stayed mostly in 250-300' and poked away at tons of nice scamp, 7 gags, some red grouper, almacos, aj, and one speckled hind. We ventured out a little further and caught 2 nice yellowedge but the deep drop bite was real slow. Finally, it was time to go tuna fishing we found them to be waiting on is with open mouths as well! We totaled 7 yellowfin from 45-70 lbs. all fish were caught late in the afternoon and at daylight, nothing at night. Finally, we pointed her back north and picked up a few more fish on the way home. Lord knows we all struggle sometimes and it was nice to have a trip where everything worked out as planned. Here are a few pics

image-2993541751.jpg

image-2194239996.jpg

image-36232002.jpg

image-2851547498.jpg

image-583881155.jpg

image-951225643.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
That's a pile of meat Capt. That yellowedge is a stud for sure!! Thanks for posting.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Nice! That's how you do it

·
Registered
454 Posts
Holy Cow thats a haul right there. As always you put the smack down on them. I bet your customers were happy with that trip. Happy to catch them and happy the house of pain was over. They will be sore for a few days. But, its a good kind of sore. Congrates Capt. and Crew on that one.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Great haul for sure looks like alot of fun! Just got done reading my October Florida sportsman magazine, and it mentioned of the great CAPT.JAKE ADAMS

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys, it was a real fun trip. It was real nice to have Captain Matt McLeod working the deck like a pro. He worked his tail off and it was a true team effort. The only part that stunk was when the weather came in early (about 2 in the morning) and our sea anchor broke. That meant no sleep and a crappy 90 mile run into 4 ft seas. Other than that, it was a trip to remember.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Jake and Matt One week you are taking our wahoo and then the next week you are taking our YF :rolleyes:. Knock it off :D. Sounds and looks like a trip to remember. Catch em up. gene

·
Registered
756 Posts
great trip results for sure - one of the very best i've seen in a long time. looks like the stars and cards aligned for you that day :thumbsup: memories that'll last forever! Great post Capt., thanks.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just saw this report, good lord man! The ocean called and said she needs you to give her a break. Man I gotta get out there to see if anything is left. Great job!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts