Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never been offshore. Looking ti get out tuesday or thursday morning. I live in midway so navarre or pensacola beach dont matter to me. Anyone wanna link up and get on the water?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks.... looks like i stay inshore tuesday...anyone up for Thursday?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Tuesday it wouldn't be possible, Thursday is iffy, especially for a first trip. I do btb alot and Thursday forecast would be too rough for me. I'm planning on going Saturday if the forecast holds like it is now. Be happy to meet up with you if you wanted to head out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm hoping for calmer water towards the end of the week. What's the best site for looking at the forecast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'll check a couple different ones, I like windfinder app the best. Generally i'll go out in anything under 15 knot winds and 2 ft seas. A good yak cam handle a little more but that gives you a little wiggle room if the forecast is worse than predicted. Of course that's all dependent on having a yak suitable for open water. I saw a guy head out in 2ft seas one time in an 8ft sit in yak, I kept an eye on him all morning. Especially for a first time out make sure you have good seas to learn in an ideal situation.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a lure 13.5. Its wide 36 and pretty stable. That being said, i plan on being very cautious going out there. Id hate to get flipped, lose my stuff, injured, or dead.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Your set then, if you want to go on Saturday shoot me a pm, i'll be happy to share what little I know about BTB. It's a blast w good seas and a good bite.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shot ya a pm a little while ago, did it not go through

1 - 11 of 11 Posts