Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm transitioning out of the military I want to start a new business. I'm trying to get started with a small charter business, need to know what all licenses and permits I need. I will be taking out a max of 4 anglers and will be doing inshore and offshore trolling and bottom fishing.

·
Registered
965 Posts
In short, USCG captain's license. OUPV license for up to 6 passengers, masters for more. state of Florida charter license. Reef permit if you want to fish Fed. waters for reef fish. Business licenses for all applicable states, counties, etc.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Uscg

good luck with the fine outstanding outfit listed above:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:
I am pretty sure Moses is still awaiting his License for the ARK.
I have never seen a slower more inefficient bunch in my life at this rate I will die of old age before I get my license back.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Moses didn't build the ark, Noah did....

Reactions: devndeb

·
Registered
241 Posts
hey josh, don't forget membership in a consortium, and insurance..... advertising, web site, ein number, that's about it.

·
Registered
965 Posts
hey josh, don't forget membership in a consortium, and insurance..... advertising, web site, ein number, that's about it.
EIN shouldn't be needed unless you plan on employing someone.

And yes, the wait for your license SUCKS. I'm waiting right now and it ain't no fun!

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
Moses didn't build the ark, Noah did....
I think Moses did have input on the plans which USCG disapproved of and had to reroute to Noah for an engineering change proposal whereby the senate had to intervene and subsequently sent a congressional delegation to ratify the plans and tell the USCG it was seaworthy.

Took me 2 years to get mine after multiple paperwork submissions...purdiest stack of paperwork I've seen in a long time. Good luck though!

They're like the FAA, they wouldn't want to have any pilots fly if they could because flying may be considered "dangerous". It's good job security though...

·
Whizzed off realist
2,528 Posts
Wow, I've never had trouble getting my license renewed. Just make sure the paperwork is in place and submit at least 4 months before the license expires. Vision or hearing issues get pegged first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts