Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide if weshould cancel a2 day trip we have scheduled in a few weeks with Capt Dugasover there nearNew Orleans. I put a post over in the "out of area," section but have not heard from anyone yet. Was wondering if any PFFs had any inside information about the impact of the oil spill on the upper delta area. I know it's impacting the lower area around the mouth of the Mississippi, but have not heard if it's gotten up into the areas Capt Dugas fishes over there. Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
19,480 Posts
Get with the Capt, he can recommend what is best for you, if the area he fishes is affected maybe he has another place to fish if it isnt shut down completely.

·
Registered
79 Posts
There are several s to get out of the delta. I would wait till your date gets closer and then contact your capt. I think it is too soon to know for sure what will happen. You may look at Port of Fourchon for another option. So far there are not any restrictions over here. Your captain may end up relocating further west to fourchon or Grand Isle. Those trips are great! Keep your fingers crossed and wish you luck.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. My brother- in law just got a call from Capt Dugas and the captain cancelled our trip. He said they have closed fishing over there, but we might be able to find a place farther west like Morgan City. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
412 Posts
If it is an offshore trip you had cancelled, call this guy: Capt Eddie at (985) 788-5080.

He will put you ON the fish. Thanks to forum member "water hazard" for the

recommendation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts