Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Topwater Addict
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of the guys on here fish the Pensacola area but I've recently moved to Daphne. Still working in Pensacola so I get to fish both but with winter coming and the fish moving up I'd like to get on the inshore action over there on weekends. I went looking for some launch spots on the Daphne side but found they were very limited especially north of the interstate where I wanna fish. I found one place called Scott's Landing but they want $4. There is also Maeher State Park but also have to pay to get in there, it's only a dollar but they open and close the gates and sometimes I stay out later or go earlier. So I'm looking for some other places to put in a kayak in the area north of the interstate. Anyone know any spots?

·
Registered
180 Posts
The is a place across the road from Ed's Seafood Shed on the causeway. No fee to launch, unless the gators have started charging.
There is also Bay Front Park in Daphne. No charge, you put in on the south side of the pier.

·
Topwater Addict
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nevermind I found it. Unfortunately thats more west of where I've explored so far so I have nothing to offer for ya.
Yeah Bo Keifus I'm from Mississippi originally and lived in Pensacola for a year so I'm good on both of those. Just have a gap in between trying to get some honey holes in three states :thumbsup:

Flfisher that's an awesome site! Going in the favorites for sure.

The is a place across the road from Ed's Seafood Shed on the causeway. No fee to launch, unless the gators have started charging.
There is also Bay Front Park in Daphne. No charge, you put in on the south side of the pier.
Brian that actually looks like a promising spot. I'm trying to find some sheltered areas and flats near deeper water which it looks to have on the map. I didn't make it that far in my exploration so I'll have to try it out. I've heard the gators are quite thick all over the area.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The area north of Bay Front Park (Lake Forest Yacht Club) has a good mix of flats, channels and ledges that access deep water. I like it because its an easy launch, close by and I can always pick up a few fish there.

·
Topwater Addict
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bay Front is for sure on my list. Looks better than May Day as far as depth change although May Day has a lot of docks and pilings near it.

And I will definitely look into the kayak association over there, appears they have a forum as well I can hopefully get some info off of.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Bay Front is for sure on my list. Looks better than May Day as far as depth change although May Day has a lot of docks and pilings near it.

And I will definitely look into the kayak association over there, appears they have a forum as well I can hopefully get some info off of.
I'm a member of MBKFA. They are a great organization and the guys are great help.
Their forum has a section for members only where you see reports and folks looking for someone to fish with. It's a VERY family oriented group and forum.

·
Topwater Addict
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just joined on the forum and will likely get into the group soon. I appreciate the info

·
Topwater Addict
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went out of Bay Front Saturday and went for it. Not knowing the area I just went where the boats were. I didn't know Mobile Bay was so damn shallow but following the boats I found the channels and did alright for my first go in a new place. Managed a doormat of a flounder and 20" speck. I ended up dragging my boat across a couple flats after getting into shallower than I expected and the tide dropping but all in all great day on the water.

·
Registered
180 Posts
You did better than we did on the salt water species. We got into the bass between the causeway and I-10 on the Blakely. Caught several including a 3 pounder.

·
Topwater Addict
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't get into any great fishing I think the warm weather had it messed up but everything I caught and hit I had were on pretty sharp drop offs into deep water. Guess they were holding in the cooler water

·
Topwater Addict
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wish I could be there. Going to LSU for the weekend to hopefully see State get their act back together.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Maybe y'all will get a second shot at them. I'm not an LSU fan but I sure love to see that other team and their fans get a dose of humble.
Geaux Tigers!

Oh, I'd be willing to pick you up, load your yak on my trailer and drive to P'cola if you'll show me how/where to catch sheepshead this winter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts