Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a recent hi-res true color shot of the delta region. Pretty amazing sight with all of the different layers of water color.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
great shot, thanks for sharing

·
Registered
54 Posts
The various waterdepth colors are just beautiful. I would imagine there is barely any visible surface oil as most of it is now laying on the bottom. Thanks for sharing this with us.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any of that oil???
None of what you can see in that shot is oil. Perhaps some of the charter captains or fishermen that have been offshore could give a better oil report, but at this point I'm sure that the oil is pretty well dispersed, decomposed, or below the surface.

What you do see is various concentration levels of sediment in the water. These sediment levels are coming from the Mississippi River and Mobile Bay.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thought this was a neat shot from yesterday. You can see the contrails from jet aircraft streaking across the sky.
Was anyone offshore in this area yesterday between 12 and 1pm CST that can verify?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have never used these as a fishing tool so could someone please tell Me where You start fishing from looking at an image like this and what is Your looking for? I am fishing out of Fort Morgan when I go so it seems I would be really close to the bluewater, but would I just start blindly trolling when I hit bluewater or try to relate it to structure? Thanks for any advice as I have been debating subscribing to one of the services this year.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
could someone please tell Me where You start fishing from looking at an image like this and what is Your looking for?
Good morning Sea Hoss. I have made some notes and annotations on the map. There is a good color change caused by a finger of river water that is approaching the Ram Powell. Often times this dirty + fresh(er) river water will displace bait to the fringe areas where the dirty water meets the blue water. In the open ocean, a color change such as this is analogous to physical structure that holds fish. I've marked a white line+dots to show this area. If I were in the area (fishing the deep rigs for example), I would definitely swing a little wide to give this area a good look. Look for bait, flying fish, and surface action here. Troll along this rip because pelagics will be hunting this area due to the higher concentration of bait. Also another positive factor for this rip is the altimetry is perfect.

If you are looking to use a data service this year, we'd like the opportunity to earn your business. Feel free to give us (RipCharts) a call. We'd be happy to set you up with a free trial and give you a tutorial on all of the features.

713-582-1868
www.ripcharts.com

-Chris

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks for the info cutter I will give Y'all a call when I get ready to haul My boat back to the coast for the year.:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts