Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
I hate to say this but your dealer lied to you. I have been in the Extended Warranty/ Gap Insurance/ Credit Insurance/Pre-Paid Maintenance business for over 40 years. All of those products can be sold individually .
Yep, like all good con artists... I mean salesman, It was day after Christmas, my credit union wanted me to get their ins to get gap through them, Ford Motor Credit told me the same thing on the phone, so I said screw it paid cash. Get the fluids changed, tires rotated and wiper blades swapped....... of course the ass hats swap em when I told them not to, after putting a set of rain x on there....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
DD, whats the report on that Purdy Tundra?

No deal.... I made offer, they didnt accept, sellers kinda have the upper hand due to this covid crap. No used inventory and limited new inventory at most dealers. Wish I could find an individual selling what im looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
Can't go wrong with a Toyota. The 4.7 was probably the best engine they ever made, but the 5.7 seems to be doing just as well. You'll have to pay the "Toyota tax" over a Chevy or Ford but the truck will probably out live you. I like the look of the new chevys but I wouldn't buy one.

I have 2 high mileage Toyotas (120k and 185k) and other than wear parts. or shit I broke offroad they've been perfect. They do go fast especially the way the used car market is now

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Once I bought a Sequoia; Never a Chevy with there plastic pieces in the heads will cause you problems. Look it up, the plastic will break after a while. Was a Chevy man for 40 years until I bought a Sequoia. Never again will I waste my money on a Suburban again!

They all broke!!! cheap cams, timing gears & low quality torque conv and wrong gear ratios

·
Registered
9,890 Posts
I'm truck shopping too. Have a deal working in Gulfport but nonway to get over there. Of course I cant find crap nearby.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
Can't go wrong with a Toyota. The 4.7 was probably the best engine they ever made, but the 5.7 seems to be doing just as well. You'll have to pay the "Toyota tax" over a Chevy or Ford but the truck will probably out live you. I like the look of the new chevys but I wouldn't buy one.

I have 2 high mileage Toyotas (120k and 185k) and other than wear parts. or shit I broke offroad they've been perfect. They do go fast especially the way the used car market is now
High milage?? Thats barely broke in....lol. bought mine new in 2012... 247k miles. Have replaced 1 non maintenance part. At $126

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

I have a 2000 with the 4.7, been a great truck so far, just over a 100k on it, just replaced timing belt/water pump, im good for another 100 on it!

·
Registered
289 Posts
High milage?? Thats barely broke in....lol. bought mine new in 2012... 247k miles. Have replaced 1 non maintenance part. At $126

haha, yeah true. I hope to get at least 300k out of them, and judging by what others have seen it shouldn't be an issue. These are "high mileage" by most people's standards.

I have a 2000 with the 4.7, been a great truck so far, just over a 100k on it, just replaced timing belt/water pump, im good for another 100 on it!

Yeah the timing belts are the only annoying thing. But from what I've read online plenty of people have had them break and even though Toyota says the 4.7 is an interference engine, the valves were fine.

Is the 5.7 a belt or a chain?

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
haha, yeah true. I hope to get at least 300k out of them, and judging by what others have seen it shouldn't be an issue. These are "high mileage" by most people's standards.

Yeah the timing belts are the only annoying thing. But from what I've read online plenty of people have had them break and even though Toyota says the 4.7 is an interference engine, the valves were fine.

Is the 5.7 a belt or a chain?
It has 4 chains..... Id actually prefer having to change a belt every 100k than never change a “lifetime” chain that wears/stretches over time.

·
Registered
9,890 Posts
Well, I made the deal on mine. Paying a premium but one owner 5.9's are drying up! First time buying over the web...ugh, 115 miles away. lots of pictures and a video of cold start, good autocheck report, fingers crossed!! No evidence of a gooseneck or 5th wheel having been installed.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 68 Posts