Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three of us went out Friday to East Bay and we were able to limit out again on the trout. It was slow until the wind picked up and shifted direction a bit. Biggest was around 20" with the smallest just beyond the 15" mark. All were caught on paddle tail swim baits. Had to go through a ton of short fish before catching a keeper.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Catching them following the shoreline...No deeper than about 4'. I'm not paying attention to the tide very much. I live pretty far away so I go when I can go. The wind seems to definitely help the bite.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I fished the point of Garcon Saturday morning in the wind and caught 2 reds under slot and 1 12'' trout. All in about 3' of water. Nothing to brag about but it was fun.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Did you fish under the bridge? I live about 2 miles from the north side of the bridge. Are you out there using bigger surf rods or have a shorter rod?

·
Registered
141 Posts
. Had to go through a ton of short fish before catching a keeper.

View attachment 1068281
dang don't you just hate it having to reel in a bunch of small ones to get to the keepers.
the bridge is this in p cola? where the old bridge is none traffic but parking is allowed?thanks for report

usually when catching these there's also flounder in the area did you catch any even small one's.
nice catch of trout w/out reference like a foot in the image hard to tell how big 20" is

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
This whole time I thought you were speaking of East Bay near garcon point. I didn’t know what the PC meant. Either way, good job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts