Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the cold snap coming this weekend, the remaining trout in the bays should venture to their winter spots and holes. Question. If I lack a boat, but am willing to wade, where would be a good place for me to try and find some trout stacked in their winter holes in the Navarre/Fort Walton area?Once I find them I can catch them. It's the finding them that provides a delima. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Dude,

Park in back of the Baybreeze Inn in Gulf Breeze. Wade down the shore to the left and fish the channel to Holfmans Bayou.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Something i learned, is look for muddy bottoms. Mud retains heat longer when water temp. drop.

So trout and reds will gravitate to these ares and settle down in the mud. If you slow your retreive and fish slow you will have great results. Only problen in Pensacola is finding MUD> To much sandy bottoms.

·
Registered
82 Posts
the water temp right now s still 68 or a little higher it will take alotof watertemp drop to get the fish to move to those muddy bottoms right now. i would try something like what you would do during the early spring. creek mouths.....deep rock piles.....etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts