Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught a nice 24 inch trout yesterday and conjoured a kick ass recipe for it.
Ok, so I boiled water with salt, garlic, brown sugar & black pepper. Once it cooled I put it in the bag the trout fillets were in for 3 hours. I pulled then out of the bag and rinsed and dried them. Then i put the two fillets in a foil dish with half a stick of butter chopped up and placed on the fillets.
I put the dish in the smoker for an hour and a half at 180 adding buttonwood after the first ten minutes.
While they were cooking I melted the other half of the stick of butter in a pan. I added 1\2 an onion, finely chopped and some minced garlic and cooked until the onions were semi translucent. Next was half a bag of spinach, finely chopped. Cooked until the spinach was soft (30 seconds). Then I added a 1/4 cup of heavy cream and the same amount of parmisan cheese. Stirred the mixture on semi high heat until it was a little thick.
The fish on its own was the absolute best trout I've ever eaten. With the topping it was probably top ten fish dinners I have ever made or eaten.
The light smokey flavor was perfect. I'll definitely be preparing fish this way again.
0725200846~2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are lots of different smokers on the market. I have an electric one and am very happy with it.
0728200930.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
PJ, I did the same thing! Caught a nice 18” trout yesterday.......flounder fishing. 🙄 I lost the one flounder I caught beating it with the net a couple times. About 17”, he got a release at the boat after a couple try’s. Anyway, I’m practicing a new technique you gave me along with catchemall.......it’s gonna work.
anyway, cedar planked trout. Soak the cedar for a while to soak it good, here’s my fish. Tomorrow night.........trout.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
You guys got the trout thing going on. I've gotta try the smoked recipe Cap'n, that looks heavenly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts