Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't had much time to do any inshore fishing lately due to work and finishing redoing my boat in the afternoons. Worked in East Hill today so I figured I would go down to the bayou afterwards for an hour or 2 to see if the trout were there. Got off around 2 and fished until 3:30 off the big pier at Bayview Park. Worked a suspending jerkbait for a while with a couple bites but no fish so I switched to the soft plastic and it was on. Caught 7 keepers from 16-18" and a few smaller in the last 45 minutes standing in the same spot. All caught on 1/8oz stand up head with a Tennessee shad Fluke. All fish were sittin on the edge of the dropoff or up in the shallows next to it. The trout are out and about so get out there and catch them!

Here's a couple pics. All fish were hooked just like this, they were eating good.

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
Great catch but there are NO keepers from that body of water. It is considered a contaminated body of water for the next 70 years.

Just to be clear, it is downstream of a contaminated aquifer, from a Superfund site.

It has documented levels of Radium, Lead, Mercury, Arsenic, Copper, Chromium, Cadmium, Zinc, Antimony, Thallium, PCB, PAHs, Flourides, Pesticides and Napthalene. There are lots of documented studies that are available for your bedside reading.

Don't eat fish from that water.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great catch but there are NO keepers from that body of water. It is considered a contaminated body of water for the next 70 years.

Just to be clear, it is downstream of a contaminated aquifer, from a Superfund site.

It has documented levels of Radium, Lead, Mercury, Arsenic, Copper, Chromium, Cadmium, Zinc, Antimony, Thallium, PCB, PAHs, Flourides, Pesticides and Napthalene. There are lots of documented studies that are available for your bedside reading.

Don't eat fish from that water.
Don't worry, none were taken home. I fish Texar for fun and that's it. I grew up on that body of water, and its a lot of fun to fish in winter. Thanks for looking out.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments everyone.
Josh and Selina, I was just glad to catch some on that public spot. The last time I was out was with you 2. Been to long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts