Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long story short, Tmass and I caught about 25 trout, 6 redfish, and waaayyy too many bluefish.Caughtthemon a 7' MF carrot stick from Hot Spots (bad ass rod!), 10lb sufix braid, 10lb seagaur flourocarbon, gamakatsu 1/0 kale hook, freelined shrimp.

all were released except for this one, and 2 more around 19"

this one was 4.52lbs.

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys!, weird note, there was not a single worm in any of the 3 trout we caught... kind of odd, 2 weeks before we caught a few trout in the same general area and they were loaded with worms.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Good trout. Guess I'm going to have to go get a carrot stick. That is all I hear about these days. I've never picked one up but they must be nice. congrats on the good day of fishing!!

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
John B. (4/29/2009)long story short, Tmass and I caught about 25 trout, 6 redfish, and waaayyy too many bluefish.Caughtthemon a 7' MF carrot stick from Hot Spots (bad ass rod!), 10lb sufix braid, 10lb seagaur flourocarbon, gamakatsu 1/0 kale hook, freelined shrimp.

this one was 4.52lbs.

I've fished around that tree before and done well myself! Nice catch!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Bay Pirate (4/30/2009)
John B. (4/29/2009)long story short, Tmass and I caught about 25 trout, 6 redfish, and waaayyy too many bluefish.Caughtthemon a 7' MF carrot stick from Hot Spots (bad ass rod!), 10lb sufix braid, 10lb seagaur flourocarbon, gamakatsu 1/0 kale hook, freelined shrimp.

this one was 4.52lbs.

I've fished around that tree before and done well myself! Nice catch!

:withstupid

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
nice fish man. the carrot stick is a fine lite, cast all day rod. i had a good slot size red on and fought him for a while. 5 min or so fight. any ways i get him to the side of the boat and instead of my buddy helping me land him i put the rod in the rod holder. very very bad move! when i went to lip him he took off and needless to say what happened.:banghead . good thing for the lifetime warranty.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts