Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am not trained in genetics, but I think the gene pool is safe.

I am, and this fish has long since passed along its genetics. Its progeny are likely spawning the next generation. Trout populations here are pretty stable, and although I generally release them, keeping an occasional oversized fish is your prerogative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
VIP of the PFF
8,378 Posts
Grouperking-I would like to wet a hook with you sometime!
Anytime ! Maybe we can get a pompano trip together for the fall run. I'm about through with pomp fishing for the spring /summer. I might make a few attempts at catching some flounder from the beach though. Oh by the way
nice fish ! Ol'dunt ruffled my feathers and I forgot to mention your fish.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice fish and beach too. That was a great pic of you and your dad in the other thread btw. I'm hoping to get my dad out there real soon.

I keep big trout on occasion. We eat a lot of fish. Dad has been on dialysis for a while now and he keeps fresh fish down better than anything. This dunt feller must have a sad life. I wonder if he ever comes out of the basement and actually fishes instead of trash-talking those who do?

Now about these flounder. I hooked a pretty good one a few days ago on a jig tipped with a tiny piece of fishbite. Lost him at the beach though. The subtle bite is harder for me to detect in the surf. I don't think I need a new rod, just more practice!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts