Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to renew my fishing liscence at grays tackle and the machine would not accept a florida ID. the guy said I had to have a valid drivers liscence which I do not, It is suspended. I did not have any trouble last year when I renewed and I only had an ID. He said he couldn't even use my old fishing liscence. That cant be right. how do you get one online or over the phone.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Even if your drivers license is suspended, they will issue you an id at the D.L. place that is a photo ID for exactly these types of things.....

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,605 Posts
If you look on the back of yer old license, there's a website for you to go to. However, if you don't have a credit card, you're SOL.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
That doesn't sound right to me. Your FL ID Card and FL Drivers license are the same numbers. The machine would not know your drivers license is suspended. It sounds like the guy running the fishing license machine is a little confused. Try another store that sells the license and see what happens...

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Even If you have had a Licence Before and you run the Customer #or try your SSN it will ask for a Drivers license or student Id # and If your License has been suspended The Fwc Will know that!!! You have to go to Fl voters Reg on the Machine all It ask for is your Full name and Date of Birth and It should go through hope this helps Out!!! SSN are used mainly for out of towners!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Go in, using a spanish accent, tell them you just swam across the border illegaly and they will probably give you a licesne for free.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Try getting one as a foreigner trying to spend tourist dollars here.

No US drivers license, no SS number but have the bucks to spend.

I overheard a group last month in OB talking about going to Georgia or Carolina next vacation because its easier to get legal to fish.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There's nothing wrong with Gray's or any other tackle shop etc.. that have this problem. I run into it quite a bit myself, If you have only a state ID the machine asks for additional proof of residency.....a Florida ID does not mean you live here, it is an ID and anyone can get one, they require additional proof of resaidency.......this can be your homestead exemption, a copy of your current lease....as a shop personI can tell you that we all want it to be a simple process, but sometimes that means the customer must be prepared to bring a little extra info if he doesn't have a valid driver's liscense........just the way it is...I have people coming in from Wally World all the time and once I tell them what I need generally it isn't a problem, they get it and I get them their lic.....

I hope this helps, but as agents we have to follow the rules set forth by the state.

Steve

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
If your drivers lic. is suspended for back due child support it also suspends your fishing and hunting lic. to and all tags on any vehciles you may own,i know from exp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts