Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t know what it is this year, but there’s been more big trout up shallow on my favorite spots than anytime in the past. With the way the keeper bite has fallen off, I’m guessing these big females simply have more room to roam now. Used to catch keepers on certain parts of flats, and then the big ones on other sections away from the schools of smaller fish. Now those big girls are just hanging out all over the place.

Bluefish showed up, so the Flash Minnow was put away in favor of the Rapala Twitchin Minnow, and as soon as I got away from those blues, I got the bite I was looking for. Gator hunting is different, you won’t get many bites so you have to be ready and focused at all times so you don’t miss it. She straight up crushed it, massive blowup and just started tearing off line and my drag was singing, trying to get back to her dock. These fish show some incredible power and speed when they want to.

Fished from 3-5 on this day and the reds weren’t cooperating, guessing because the bluefish were there. Lots of mullet around and it was HOT! Worked the Twitchin Minnow fast, subsurface walk the dog retrieve with no pauses. It’s all about the reaction this time of year.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Nice job, Jeff! You changed your handle, almost didn't realize it was you till I saw the photo. Awesome job!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts