Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any expeience with the new wireless trolling motors with a hand held controller or the footpad models.

Good? Bad? Just okay?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
jim t (3/14/2010)Does anybody have any expeience with the new wireless trolling motors with a hand held controller or the footpad models.

Good? Bad? Just okay?

Thanks,

Jim

everyone that i know that has one loves them!!! i am considering trying to sell mine to get the new minn kota wireless with i-pilot

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have the new wireless Minn Kota and I love it. The only thing I don't care for is how quickly it runs down the batterys. It has to run the head and the prop so it does twice the work of a tiller style trolling motor. If you need info Tony at Edgewater Marine can help you out. His forum name is"Voodoo Lounge".

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I've had one for about 2 years now. Personally I like it better than a foot control but I think I would prefer a hand control.

Pros of remote: Operate motor from anywhere on the boat, clears casting deck of foot control, No Wire to trip over, better balance and less strain on the lower back and legs due to not standing on the control all day, BEST PRO when you get in a tight spot due to wind or current you can walk back and start your outboard while trolling motor is still on.

Cons: need a hand to operate it.... hook a fish in a tight area with wind or current you have to take a hand off your rod and reel, If you fish with a partner they can't just jump up there and control the boat be cause the remote is around your neck.

DO NOT USE REMOTE IN CONFINED AREA WITH GLOVES ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRUST ME I KNOW. MAY LEAD TO RUNNING YOUR BOAT INTO OBJECTS SUCH AS ROCKS AND RIPPING THE BOLTS SECURING YOUR TROLLING MOTOR TO THE DECK COMPLETELY OUT AND COSTING $150 TO REPAIR.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
a good fishing partner of mine has one he loves it except for the fact that it does run the battery down and he has had it worked on twice in the last year some chip went out twice right after the warranty went out of course. Not sure if the new Watersnake brand has wireless might want to contact Tim at breeze fabricators and find out i'm going next week to get a 24v 80lb thrust for my boat but it will be tiller handle the less electronics the less to break in my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts