Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Me either, in the 4 years I have had mine, it has been unplugged once to re pack with die electric grease

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I put a post on the PFF probably 4-5 years ago about delamination. There have been subsequent posts and threads on other sites about similar issues. Definitely need to have a kill switch and a quick release bracket.

Best advice I can give anyone buying a TM is buy an extended warranty. They all break at some point.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Ya"ll are scaring the shit out of me. I'm trying to turn a bay boat (22 foot cc) into a crappie boat.I love the boat. I can literally put a ton of crap in the boat. Its getting a forward imaging sonar.I'm thinking now just pole mount the transducer and stick with the tiller trolling motor on it now.I don't want a self deploying trolling motor.I just one want with spot lock that is quiet.And has the best reputation of not crapping out. Sonar is already going to be close to 4,000(16 inch live with active target) And I know garmin is (better to be debated) but everything I have is lawrence and Simrad so I will be sticking with that good or bad. So I really need help on the trolling motor.
Agree with shmelton on model. I had a terrova for years on a 22 Pathfinder, that is all you'll need. May be wrong but I'm not aware of a saltwater MK that had a transducer built in. Honestly, forget about all that BS linking it to your GPS. In all the years I had mine, there were two main options I used, spot lock and heading lock. The rest IMO is just fluff. Make sure to mount on a quick release in case something goes sideways and you need to remove the motor in the water.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts