Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BIL & I are new to the trolling world and now that we some gear what is the proper way to store the soft plastic skirts so they don't get sticky or damaged. thanks

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
You can get some ok ones off ebay pretty cheap. I ponied up and got some nice ones at bass pro. Makes a difference.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Check out Tailwalker lures. His shop is in Fort Walton Beach. He has some really sweet lure bags on top of making custom lures with your logo..

·
Snorkiller
372 Posts
I use the thin crates they use for shipping coca-cola. you can usually find them behind stores by the dumpster. they are stackable so you can put different baits in each. rinse off and its drains through. Won't hold moisture like some of the mesh bags do and easier to get lures in and out of.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I use the thin crates they use for shipping coca-cola. you can usually find them behind stores by the dumpster. they are stackable so you can put different baits in each. rinse off and its drains through. Won't hold moisture like some of the mesh bags do and easier to get lures in and out of.
Milk\Water\soda crates are illegal to take. By a dumpster or not. Just saying

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Being "fiscally conservative" as I am, I buy those cloth over-the-door hanging shoe storage racks with the plastic pockets that they sell at Walmart. The full-size ones have 24 pouches (if you have some place to hang one that big) but they come in all sizes. Since they are only about $10 - $12 you don't worry about them getting torn, stained etc and they roll up for easy storage.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
I bought the international orange, stack-able creates at WalMart years ago. Same size as milk or coke crates and on sale for <$5 each. Also in case of an accident, the color shows up on the water real well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Re skirt them. Pretty easy to do.
yes I reskirt w/ mylar from potato chip bags. also make trolling teasers.

now storing the big 9" lures is another story especially w/ the treble hooks

edit: I tend to keep the package either type lure comes in for storage or pin to pool noodle

Milk\Water\soda crates are illegal to take. By a dumpster or not. Just saying
the store pays $3. for milk crates the soda crate can be taken, I recommend asking for stuff before being on camera running off w/ crates, so you can still go back to this store.

$ .02

1 - 14 of 14 Posts