Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone help me out on catching tripletail around floating objects offshore.

Thanks for your help.

David

·
OSOK
4,167 Posts
Would someone help me out on catching tripletail around floating objects offshore.

Thanks for your help.

David
Light tackle and live shrimp, something similar to what you would fish for specks with is what works for me. Never tried gulps but I hear they work as well.

·
Bearded Brotula
14,113 Posts
Yup. Live shrimp.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mr Fish,

Your signature quote,

"><((((º> Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.
-Ernest Hemingway"

seems rather ironic given that Hemingway died by suicide. As did his father, and sister, and brother.

·
Squid technician
10,506 Posts
Ditto above and have to add that out of all of the artificials I've used, a glow DOA with the weight removed and the hook run through the belly has been the best lure for them. For me anyway

·
Bearded Brotula
14,113 Posts
Mr Fish,

Your signature quote,

"><((((º> Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.
-Ernest Hemingway"

seems rather ironic given that Hemingway died by suicide. As did his father, and sister, and brother.
Not really. Good for you on reading up about him.

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,306 Posts
For some of us that are offshore trolling we don't usually carry live shrimp. I have used Gulp shrimp and Gulp crabs. Also the DOA that Chris has mentioned.

Allot of times a 5 gallon bucket will work too..!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I never go offshore without a dozen live shrimp. They cannot resist them. And, I always have two rods settup just for them. One with a cajon thunder, about 24 inches of 40lb flouro., split shot about 3 inches above a 3 or 4 0 hook. Same settup on the other rod, no cork. Never, never use circle hooks. Use top of the line owners, etc bait hooks. Their mouths are bigger than you think, and very abrasive. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you dont have live shrimp. Just free line a small hook with no weight, with cut squid or dead shrimp. Your going to have to fight through all the blue runners, hard tails. I have caught most of my tripletail on cut squid.

·
Squid technician
10,506 Posts
The biggest one I've ever caught was on a chunk of ballyhoo freelined under a 55 gallon drum SE of the Nipple.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts