Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be making a trip down this weekend to try for some sharks of the beach starting Friday night through Sunday. Not familiar with the area that much and just found this site a few minutes ago and have been looking around.

How restrictive are the beach rules and are there any remote places or place that you can drive on at all?

We planned on crashing on the beach and fishing all night, from what i understand there is no tents allowed.

We will be yaking baits out trying to find the 7ft+ monsters if there are any around.

We usually fish in Grand Isle so any help would be nice or pointers for that area.

Thanks.

·
healthinspector
1,662 Posts
hahaha say no to pensacola beachhhhhhhhhhhh. they will tell you to leave immeaditely if you try to stay all night. i do this every weekend. and i usually leave around two am. go to johnsons beach or pickens. those cops out there can smell tourists and will not hesitate to be byist out there. so yea go out to johnsons(perdido key) and fish. there is more fish on that side anyway lol. but so far this year there have no beach sharks over 7ft to my knowledge. they are just showing up. this weekend is a good weekend for it. good luck.

·
Registered
275 Posts
just caught a 8ft tiger on pensacola beach two nights ago, there are definetly big sharks out there. and plenty of rays for bait.

·
Registered
159 Posts
hahaha say no to pensacola beachhhhhhhhhhhh. they will tell you to leave immeaditely if you try to stay all night. i do this every weekend. and i usually leave around two am. go to johnsons beach or pickens. those cops out there can smell tourists and will not hesitate to be byist out there. so yea go out to johnsons(perdido key) and fish. there is more fish on that side anyway lol. but so far this year there have no beach sharks over 7ft to my knowledge. they are just showing up. this weekend is a good weekend for it. good luck.
Ya, you know except for that little 14ft tiger in Navarre :D There's big sharks all over the place right now, Johnson Beach is the place to go for that, you are supposed to get a permit but rarely do I see them give people too much trouble. Just keep in mind there is still lots of work going on in spots on the beach, but they work in half mile tracks so you can always just shift spots. Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
We have had a lot of success out towards Pickens the last month and a half. There are a lot of big sharks out there just waiting on the right bait to pop up... If you head to pickens, the camp sites are 20 bucks a night, and they are NOT right on the water. but its a small trip out to the fish. Easy enough to deal with.
You wont be able to camp over night per say, on pensacola beach. If you head out to perdido you can stay all night with out much resistance, just dont pop a tent, they will get you for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts